Go see "Legally Blond." No really, go see it...

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001
...seriously. I saw it tonight with my girlfriend, and we both thought it was one of the best movies either of us had seen in a while, and we have seen quite a few lately.

If you are at all inclined to see a light comedy, this is the one for you.

Reese Witherspoon is perfect for the part, and the chuckles are consistent the whole movie through.

On the other hand, it is possible that I am biased towards the movie: the first 20 minutes were shot at my school, and I actually recognized quite a few of the settings and the extras. Also, I am seriously considering the idea of going to law school, so this made it even more salient.

Conclusion: go in light-hearted and dont expect too much from the plot and you will really enjoy this one. I might even buy the DVD when it comes out.

-jothaxe

Urinal Mint

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2000
Reese looks good after dropping that baby weight.

Of course, she looked good before that. Too bad she hooked up with that dopey lookin dude.

I'm going to go beat my bed with a pillow for about 30 minutes now... !@#^!#$!$@#$

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001

<< shes not that attractive. sorry jaxe...i just cant bring myself to watch that movie... >>

amdforlife,

You dont have to see it just for her. Its not like I have a thing for her or anything... the movie has its own merit.

-jothaxe

DDCSpeed

Golden Member
Nov 30, 2000
hey Jothaxe,

You are the bomb for solving my math problem last time. + Reese witherspoon is cute + pretty........I cant stop watching Cruel intensions. Too bad i dont have a girlfriend right now or I go watch it too.....I think it is a weird buddy movie....so....i dont think i will go watch it. I just buy it on dvd when it comes out.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Is it just me or does she look kinda weird? >>

Hell yeah she looks weird...almost deformed. That big-a$$ forehead and protruding chin don't do her much good either.

AMDJunkie

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 1999
Unless the entire movie is an attack on Harvard Law School, I can't bring myself to go see a movie where a total ditz, much less a blonde, is portrayed as a smart character. I mean, some people like fantasies...

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
It looks like one of those movies for teens/20 somethings...I fall into that category but I don't get the jokes ever (unless they're about computers ;))

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001

<< i disagree... it sucked, dont waste the money :) >>

Beast1284, Did you actually see it?

Does anybody else who has seen it care to comment?

-jothaxe

Pastore

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2000
yeah, i saw it last night at the drive in... i felt less intelligent after sitting through it... this chick studies for like a day to get into harvard and somehow passes the entrance exams... yea... right...

and yes, she is pretty hot...

but, in all fairness, it was a chick movie...

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< I don't know about the movie, but she's HOT!

Some of you need glasses... :)

edit---fixed link---
>>

Those pics aren't helping your case any. Her head looks deformed. Like she was taken out of the womb before fully developing ;)

Fearlss1

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2000
I saw it last nite.. It does Suck Beast.. I mean yeah there were like 3 funny scenes.. But none the less Its plot was something to be desired..
-=\nate

LukFilm

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Just seen it and liked it quite a bit. The humor fit me well, so that may be the reason. And, of course, Reese :)

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001

<< The humor fit me well >>

LukFilm, I agree.

I didnt think it was HAHA funny, but I was amused the whole time nonetheless.

-jothaxe

Rage187

Lifer
Dec 30, 2000
Damn yall have some strange taste in woman..

You could watch the movie ON her forehead..

She was good in election, and even cruel intentions..

Wasn't she in pleasant ville too??..

Oh well still pretty fugly..

But too each his own..

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000

<< Damn yall have some strange taste in woman..

You could watch the movie ON her forehead..

She was good in election, and even cruel intentions..

Wasn't she in pleasant ville too??..

Oh well still pretty fugly..

But too each his own..
>>

You think she's ugly??? Maybe you don't think she's completely hot, like I do, but to say she's ugly is just silly. She's obviously pretty to some extent. It just depends on who you are. Anyway, I just watched the movie and I liked it. It was very witty dialogue with a classic story. It's not going to win any awards, but I don't feel cheated out of my money one bit.

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001

<< It was very witty dialogue with a classic story. It's not going to win any awards, but I don't feel cheated out of my money one bit. >>

pulse8, I couldnt have said it better. :)

-jothaxe