imported_Shivetya

Platinum Member
Jul 7, 2005
Anna Calixto and witnesses said the judge asked Fernando Calixto ? who came to the United States from Mexico ? if he was in the United States legally. The judge told him if he wasn?t here legally, he had ?no rights in court.?

That should be how it always is. Unless the illegal immigrant is the victim of a crime and the criminal needs to be prosecuted they should have no standing in a US court. Hell, even after the later standard they should be tossed out of the country.

Why do people think that just because they are here or have been here for years it sudddenly gives them rights the Constitution reserves for citizens?

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
It's disgusting that you're making what the judge said out to be a good thing. Let's look at the actual context.

Anna Calixto went to court Friday seeking an order of protection from her husband, Fernando Calixto. Instead, she was told to go back to her native country of Nicaragua by Blount County Circuit Court Judge W. Dale Young, according to witnesses.

Anna Calixto and witnesses said the judge asked Fernando Calixto ? who came to the United States from Mexico ? if he was in the United States legally. The judge told him if he wasn?t here legally, he had ?no rights in court.?

?When the judge asked if I was here legally,? Anna Calixto said, ?I told him I have my temporary worker permit and I have the documentation showing it from the immigration service.

?The judge shrugged his shoulders like he didn?t care ? then he told me to go back to Nicaragua.

After the brief discussion, Young reportedly threw Anna Calixto?s request for an order of protection across his desk. Young?s secretary, Amanda Nolan, told The Daily Times Monday that the judge had dismissed Calixto?s request.

Numerous calls to Young?s office and home regarding the Calixto case were not returned.

This is something you're cheering about?

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
The article seems to confuse whether the husband or the wife was here illegally.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
It sounds like she was here legally as a guest worker, and he wasn't.

How about just deporting him since he's not supposed to be here in the first place, and then there should be no need for an order of protection.

Would not that solve two problems with one act?

Chuck

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
ICE said it would take more than 94 billion to evict all of the illegals here in the US. Frankly, that would be money better spent than in Iraq.

I'd trade Iraq for evicting 12m people any day. Throw 'em out.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: sirjonk
They tuk er jebs!

Mind if I crash on your couch for the couple decades? Don't worry, I'll do the dishes for you. That's a job you don't want to do anyway. In exchange, you can pay for my kids braces and whatnot. After all, I did your dishes. It's the least you could do.

rpanic

Golden Member
Dec 1, 2006
Good to see a judge that wasn?t worried about being PC, to bad he could order them arrested and deported for wasting tax dollars on hearing their case.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
We need to get started building those ovens.

Nice! Not only do you wrap a strawman, ad hominem, disgusting comparison into one post, but you also invoke Godwins Law by proxy.

How pathetic.

rpanic

Golden Member
Dec 1, 2006

Typical race card response, you are the one that?s bringing up killing, nobody else is.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Maybe we should look at this from a money perspective. When a case comes before a judge it is always about the money. Maybe we need a $5,000 fine every time an illegal immigrant has to appear in court on charges against him. If they are not paying taxes we need to get our money back.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: rpanic

Typical race card response, you are the one that?s bringing up killing, nobody else is.

I think our 20 million illegals would bring up the notion of killing if we ever dared to claim sovereignty over our land. Good thing we?re not going to right?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: LegendKiller

Nice! Not only do you wrap a strawman, ad hominem, disgusting comparison into one post, but you also invoke Godwins Law by proxy.

How pathetic.
Actually, it was not pathetic at all because by your own admission he did add that all in at once, it as one of the more fantastic responses on P&N in a long time, admit it!

maluckey

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2003
8usc 1182 says that Anna Calixto IS illegal. If she is not a legal resident, has two children living in the U.S., and is married in the U.S. she is de facto an intended Immigrant without Documentation under 1182 A 7 A (i) (I). She was residing without legal documents in the United States and had intentions to stay in the United States.

This means that she has likely filed for relief and adjustment of status under family unity. SO long as she NEVER leaves the United States until her case has been ruled on, she can stay, and even work. She is still an illegal though she can now stay in the U.S. so long as she stays in the good graces of the courts.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
Yipee, I see illegal immigrants, and anyone else associated with them, legal or illegal has no rights here in the US. Let's all start robbing, raping and do whatever we wish to them. Or better, let's start a concentration camp for them since they have no right.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: rchiu
Yipee, I see illegal immigrants, and anyone else associated with them, legal or illegal has no rights here in the US. Let's all start robbing, raping and do whatever we wish to them. Or better, let's start a concentration camp for them since they have no right.

Do any of you spouting off the most extreme of situations actually think before you type?

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: LegendKiller

How pathetic.
Actually, it was not pathetic at all because by your own admission he did add that all in at once, it as one of the more fantastic responses on P&N in a long time, admit it!

It is pathetic. If only because it is wholly untrue and stupid to post something of that calibre. All it highlights is that Moonbeam has nothing more to go on than the typical hat tricks of a moron intarweb doof.

rpanic

Golden Member
Dec 1, 2006

No that?s what Mexico does to illegals.

DanceMan

Jan 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Shivetya
Why do people think that just because they are here or have been here for years it sudddenly gives them rights the Constitution reserves for citizens?

Call me crazy, but does it matter whether or not you are legal or illegal? AFAIK, you are always under the laws of whatever country you're in regardless of what your status is. As a worldwide traveler, I am always quite aware that I am subject to the jurisdiction of the country I'm visiting.

Also, I don't think your last statement is true, that the Constitution reserves rights for just citizens, since it only says 'persons under it's jurisdiction' in the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002

Yeah, that's what German did to the Jewish too, so US should just go ahead and do it too?

rpanic

Golden Member
Dec 1, 2006

Yeah, that's what German did to the Jewish too, so US should just go ahead and do it too?

Is that all you can come up with against sending illegals home, pathetic.

imported_Shivetya

Platinum Member
Jul 7, 2005

I guess when you cannot make an intelligent reply that hyperbole is okay in your book.

Any moron can cite the extreme examples you did, it takes someone with intelligence and dignity to actually put forth some effort. When you get those traits feel free to participate.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002

Is that all you can come up with against sending illegals home, pathetic.

Not talking about sending illegals home, I am talking about them having not rights here, according to that sorry excuse of a judge.

And good luck sending illegals home, with border security the way it is today, you send 100 home, 1000 comes over tomorrow.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Shivetya

I guess when you cannot make an intelligent reply that hyperbole is okay in your book.

Any moron can cite the extreme examples you did, it takes someone with intelligence and dignity to actually put forth some effort. When you get those traits feel free to participate.

Extreme example? what happens to people when they have absolutely no right and the court is not going to do anything to protect them? Maybe if you have some intelligence you can imaging the life of people with absolutely no right.