Go away, Fall!

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
And take your damned cold weather with you!

It's freakin 54F right now and it's only going to get colder. It's going to be 41 tomorrow night! 41!

I say we get rid of winter once and for all. I encourage everyone to make today "International kill the ozone layer" day. Contribute to global warming. Spray cans. Drive to the end of the driveway to pick up the mail. Run batteries of space heaters outside.

Together we can get rid of cold weather forever.

osage

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
fall is my favorite time of year, but I'm not a big fan of the subzero temps that follow it.

Pandaren

Golden Member
Sep 13, 2003
Here in the mid Atlantic region it's between 12 and 24 C at any given time, so I'm enjoying it before the sub-zero weather hits in November.

sharkeeper

Lifer
Jan 13, 2001
Together we can get rid of cold weather forever.

Bring on Winter! Temps over 75F are too hot! :p

Bringing on global warming is NOT going to make you feel any better! All that polar ice melting makes for a lot of freshwater in the oceans particularly in the northern hemisphere. The Gulf Stream quits and you basically get plunged into an ice age for the North American continent along with western Europe. Yeah that will work well! (That will happen sooner than later, some mets are saying in less than 10 years the eastern half of the US could see the worst winters because of this phenomenon!)

Did you know that if you were to take all the available energy available on the entire planet and consume it at a rate that would produce the same amount of energy the Earth receives from the sun the sources would be consumed in ten days?

Go away, Fall! Welcome Winter!!!

Cold weather is good. Bring it on! Bring lots of snow and wind too!

If you're cold, move to Brazil! :p

Cheers!

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
NJ sucks!

It's either a hellish 90 degrees, a muggy and humid 65 degrees, or a freezing but raining 33 degrees.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Mardeth
Ahh.. Fahrenheit so unlogical... Here its about 5-15C.

Illogical? You're right, Kelvin would be better. Ah, well, at least we aren't using Celcius like those damned Canadians.

I say we induce global warming and engineer a way to push the earth closer to the sun. Just enough to ensure that it never gets below about 75F.

m2kewl

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2001
bring on Fall, Winter!!! w00t!

/brings out snowboard and gear. starts waxing snowboard...

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002
Originally posted by: conjur
I LOVE it!!

Fall weather = teh r0x0rz!!

Right on! There's nothing like going out for the night with friends and having cool breezes the whole time. It makes me HAPPPPPYYYY!

Spamela

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
Originally posted by: Mardeth
Ahh.. Fahrenheit so unlogical... Here its about 5-15C.

Illogical? You're right, Kelvin would be better. Ah, well, at least we aren't using Celcius like those damned Canadians.

I say we induce global warming and engineer a way to push the earth closer to the sun. Just enough to ensure that it never gets below about 75F.

i say we induce global cooling and engineer a way to push the earth further from the sun. Just enough to ensure that it never gets above about 75F.[/quote]

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Spamela
i say we induce global cooling and engineer a way to push the earth further from the sun. Just enough to ensure that it never gets above about 75F.

Let's call the whole thing off!

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
You wouldn't know it was fall here.

It was 94 yesterday, and is supposed to be 90 today. Very warm for the end of september... we may have even broken a record yesterday.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Fall is my favoite season. I love the color change and its a prelude to the wonderful smells of Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Nothing smells better than a pumkin pie baking on a chilly Thanksgiving day. Fall reminds me that its just around the corner.

Its winter that I hate.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Alright, I'll concede Thanksgiving to you. That's a sweet holiday. Football is also on. That's good normally, but I'm a Saints fan. Most people don't easily embrace embarassment, so you can see my problem.

Snow sucks. There is no question there.

Atrail

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
I have had enuff of the Texas summer even though it was pretty mild like last year. I am still ready for some cooler temps.

Danman

Lifer
Nov 9, 1999
It's still hot here in Florida......in a couple months it should start getting cold. I can't wait! :)