GMAIL not compatible with Firefox anymore?

Discussion in 'Software for Windows' started by berryracer, Nov 14, 2012.

1. berryracer

berryracer Platinum Member

Recently, I've had a myriad of errors when trying to upload attachments to an email in GMAIL with Firefox, but with Chrome, it always works

When I upload any image let's say, it instantly gives me an error message saying "upload failed" but with Chrome it works flawlessly. I think Google is trying to force people to switch to Chrome

2. Chiefcrowe

Chiefcrowe Diamond Member

Must be your setup, it worked fine for me, just tested it.

3. Ketchup

Ketchup Lifer

No issues here. Just tried it. Are you running the latest version? I am on 16.0.2.

4. berryracer

berryracer Platinum Member

Running the latest version always now it's 16.0.2

The only tweak I do always when I first install FF is this one
    to make sure I am always looking at the latest version of a webpage not some old content that was not automatically loaded when I visit the site.

One example being, when I visit www.majorgeeks.com I usually tend to see software that is 1 or 2 days old until I hit CTRL + F5 to do a hard refresh, then I see the new content. This is bad web programming on their part but also this issue never happens with IE or Chrome [​IMG]

5. Ketchup

Ketchup Lifer

Maybe removing your history would do the trick.

6. evilspoons

evilspoons Senior member

FWIW, uploading to Gmail used Adobe Flash in the past. I'm not sure if it still does... but it is probably worth checking and updating your version of Flash. Chrome has its own version of Flash built in, and Internet Explorer uses a separate version, so it's completely possible the one that Firefox is using is broken in some way.

7. MusicMax

MusicMax Junior Member

This may not be a solution for you but have you considered setting up an email client locally using IMAP so that you can have the best of both worlds? Local and web access has its advantages and if you're using client software, there's no need for a browser unless you choose to sign into Google.

Just a thought