Gmail HANGS with Opera....

dr150

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2003
Opera (ver. 8.51) is hanging for about 15-30 seconds when it tries to log onto Gmail.

It didn't used to be this way.

Does anyone else experience this problem. Did GMAIL do something to their website to make it stumble a bit with Opera (both older version and ver. 8.51)??????

ANY SUGGESTIONS?............

Fiveohhh

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Just logged on and same thing for me. I normally don't use the web interface though so doesn't matter much to me.

Feb 12, 2005
sometimes it hangs and i have to use firefox...
but sometimes it runs fine. and it doesent block the opera navigator, it just doesent load gmail INBOX.

dr150

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2003
Originally posted by: Powered by AMD
sometimes it hangs and i have to use firefox...
but sometimes it runs fine. and it doesent block the opera navigator, it just doesent load gmail INBOX.

That's what I have to do....use Firefox to use Gmail b/c on Opera it hangs for too long...

JustAnAverageGuy

Diamond Member
Aug 1, 2003
A few people have experienced the 'hanging' issue with the Opera 9 Beta.

I'm not aware of any issues with Opera 8 though. At least not that I've noticed.

After researching the issue for a few minutes though, it appears there is a problem with Opera's parsing of a script comment if it loads from cache.

You can either clear your cache or log into gmail and put this up in the address bar when you get to the loading screen. javascript:top.js.location.reload()

Alternately, you can use gMail's secure site

Malak

Lifer
Dec 4, 2004
I don't ever actually go to gmail's website, I use Opera's pop client instead. The only problems with gmail I have is it frequently goes down. But then I don't get much email, only expected email.