GM Supplier Discount

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballmode

Lifer
Aug 17, 2005
I work for an employer that lets me use GM Supplier discounts. So far I'm not seeing much of a discount except 1500-3000 bucks off depending on make/model/trim.

If I ever considered a GM vehicle, can I use this discount in addition to other discounts? Are the discounts even worth it?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I work for an employer that lets me use GM Supplier discounts. So far I'm not seeing much of a discount except 1500-3000 bucks off depending on make/model/trim.

If I ever considered a GM vehicle, can I use this discount in addition to other discounts? Are the discounts even worth it?

I work for a company that does the same. The way it works for us as a Tier one supplier is we get a flat percentage off the Invoice Price. No you do not get any additional discounts normally.

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Worth using or just better off going in person and haggling?

Yes.

I get a discount as I work for a large corporation.... and I was able to blow away the vendor/supplier discount offered by Ford and Dodge the minute I walked through the door. The discounts are nice for those that don't want to haggle at all, but I didn't even have to haggle to beat the discount....

Gillbot

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001

Can't be combined
I work for a company that does the same. The way it works for us as a Tier one supplier is we get a flat percentage off the Invoice Price. No you do not get any additional discounts normally.
This ^
Worth using or just better off going in person and haggling?
Sometimes, yes. The best option is to use google and see if you can get an idea of the pricing tier you are on. Often, depending on sales and rebates, you can actually do better without supplier pricing. In my experience, the only time supplier pricing benefits you are on models that don't go on sale or are in high demand.

The last time I used my supplier pricing, I ended up getting my wife a new vehicle for quite a bit off and it was well worth it. We ended up with a loaded model for less than the price of a base model.

When I tried to use it for a new car for myself, the pricing at the dealer with sales and rebates was below the supplier pricing. Unfortunately, since I mentioned supplier pricing the dealer wouldn't negotiate and stuck to supplier pricing so I walked away.

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Can't be combined

This ^

Sometimes, yes. The best option is to use google and see if you can get an idea of the pricing tier you are on. Often, depending on sales and rebates, you can actually do better without supplier pricing. In my experience, the only time supplier pricing benefits you are on models that don't go on sale or are in high demand.

The last time I used my supplier pricing, I ended up getting my wife a new vehicle for quite a bit off and it was well worth it. We ended up with a loaded model for less than the price of a base model.

When I tried to use it for a new car for myself, the pricing at the dealer with sales and rebates was below the supplier pricing. Unfortunately, since I mentioned supplier pricing the dealer wouldn't negotiate and stuck to supplier pricing so I walked away.

I beat the supplier pricing by almost $5000. And I work for a 400k employee company if that matters for discount amount.

Gillbot

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
I beat the supplier pricing by almost $5000. And I work for a 400k employee company if that matters for discount amount.

You need to know what tier supplier you are, but overall the supplier discount really isn't that good if you can catch a good sale/rebate offer.

As I said, the only time I've really seen it work out well is on high demand/low availability vehicles.

Scout80

Mar 13, 2012
Check out truecar.com to see what other people are paying for vehicles in your area and see how your discount lines up.

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
You need to know what tier supplier you are, but overall the supplier discount really isn't that good if you can catch a good sale/rebate offer.

As I said, the only time I've really seen it work out well is on high demand/low availability vehicles.

I'd say my company is in the top tier. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.