Global warming will plunge Britain into new ice age 'within decades'

Ynog

Golden Member
Oct 9, 2002
Always interesting to hear global warming and ice age in the same sentence.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
I thought that geologically we're about due for another ice age which is preceeded by a global warming trend.

RU482

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
serves them right, considering they were a major player in the start of the inductrial revolution that led to all this pollution ;)

Richdog

Golden Member
Feb 10, 2003
If that means I dont have to travel to Austria or Switzerland to go skiing and snowboarding then i'm all for it, lol.:beer:

matt426malm

Golden Member
Nov 14, 2003
Better article This is not 'new" information at all. I'd say we've known this to some extent for over a decade. This article explains WHY the cirrculation will stop.

This is not BS at all. Ice age is very unlikely, but if the the Gulf stream shuts down it would mean major cooling. Why do you think those areas are SO MUCH warmer than say Canada at the same lattitude. Just look at how cold the north east Canadian coast is that is about how cold europe will become if the Gulf stream fails. Its all the ocean currents that are warming those parts of Europe. Expect some cooling of the American North East too. But Scandanavia would become tundra.

90% of ocean cirrculation is based on sea-density only 10% on wind.

There is really nothing we can do about this, short of stoping CO2 emmisions but hell it may allready be warm enough. Just a matter of time before enough ice melts to stop the Gulf Stream.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Well, I guess the environmentalists in the late 60s and 70s claiming we were headed for another ice age are the ones that got it right.

Jfrag Teh Foul

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
I guess we Americans should start feeling guilty or something for destroying our mother planet. To fix this we should start paying more taxes.

rolleye.gif

Dissipate

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2004
So millions of British refugees will be coming to the U.S.? Let the hazing begin!