Glavine big 300

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Three more outs till he gets it... Eventful game, they almost took out the home plate umpire after he took one in the mask...

RaistlinZ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001
Congrats to Glavine, good pitcher and an all-around great guy. :thumbsup:

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Congrats to Glavine and the Mets... Well pitched game and a nice scene to watch at the end of the game...

sciencewhiz

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Congratulations Glavine! It's amazing that the Brave's trio of Maddux, Glavine, and Smoltz have a combined 843 wins.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Originally posted by: darkswordsman17
Who would hate Glavine?

I certainly used to hate him when he was pitching for the Braves!

Even the Cubs fans gave him a standing ovation tonight though.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
as a braves fan, he was my favorite of the big three. maddux and smoltz obviously are great pitchers also, but for some reason, i was always most impressed by glavine, his work ethic etc.

congrats glavine.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
as a braves fan, he was my favorite of the big three. maddux and smoltz obviously are great pitchers also, but for some reason, i was always most impressed by glavine, his work ethic etc.

congrats glavine.

I met him in Atlanta when I lived there at a Fundraising event and what I found is that he really knows how to balance the seriousness of his career and fun time without compromising the two.

At the time he was just elected to be the baseball players spokesman. He was still a Brave then but shortly after he went to New York.

I moved to Atlanta right when the Braves were breaking out into a Championship team, the whole area went absolutely nuts.

My ex-wife and I were at Lanier Concerts in the Country way north of Atlaanta the night they clinched the East division for the first time. I brought a small handheld TV with me. At first it didn't get signal but all the chairs were metal and they were linked so I found a piece of wire and hooked it to the chairs and the game came in crystal clear. I forget the girl singer at the time but the guy was Ronnie Milsap. Anyway she would stop and ask for the latest score to update everybody and the place went crazy when they won.

Congrats Tom, awesome career, I know you will enjoy retirement when the time comes soon.

SearchMaster

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2002
I like Tom. I met him a couple of times just in passing. He used to live near me (no, I don't have a house in CC of the South but lived near there) and I ran into him at the miniature golf course and movie theater. He seems like a genuinely nice guy who would be absolutely revered by Braves fans if it weren't for his work with the player's union, which pretty much forced him to take the highest bid in NY.