Glasses or Contact Lenses?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fathom4

Golden Member
Feb 11, 2000
"Flowers for Algernon" Great Story. Reference not lost here.

Glasses and Contacts for me. Sorry but I have too much testosterone to go into a "brainy woman" mode, "Geeky guy", maybe. Contacts almost always, glasses to give my eyes a rest. I have Astigmatism pretty bad and I hate the "curvature" glasses tend to give to straight lines. Really bugs me when I'm wood working or designing a project on CAD and everything looks "bent".

[edit] Hope this made your day Isla.

pen^2

Banned
Apr 1, 2000
i have a track record of breakin 7 glasses in 3 months and ever since i switched to contacts i never looked back. contacts are much more comfortable once you get used to them and your eyes dont get irritated. the only time my contacts get dry is when i overstrain myself -> shouldnt be doin this anyway :) as long as i am not exhausted contacts feel just fine. eriously, glasses make you look like a gawky nerd. still, i admit it would be a good idea to have them both so you can use them at tandem

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
"With contacts i barely notice and a lot of the time i fall asleep with them."

Not bright, my friend. Seriously reconsider doing this. Sleeping with contacts really starves your eyes for oxygen.

"Glasses made my eyes and temple hurt."

Then, they didn't fit, and you should've chosen a better set of frames.

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
Thanks, Fathom, you did make my day...

It's hard being a liberal arts type in a technical world, but I'm trying!

Is it hard to dive with your contacts? I'm able to snorkel okay with mine. I want to learn to dive but I am afraid if I go much deeper than 4-5 feet my head will explode.

Fathom4

Golden Member
Feb 11, 2000
Isla contacts are great for diving. What a difference they make, much better than going without or having lenses put in your mask.

Don't worry I've been diving a long time and assisted many new divers and have never had anyones head explode. At least not one that was MY fault.

Try it you'll love it.