Ruger22C

Golden Member
Sep 22, 2006
If I turn on a light or open the window, I can see glare on my monitor. It becomes hard to distinguish when looking at an enemy. What's a good solution? Playing in the dark is bad for one's eyes.

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Ruger22C
If I turn on a light or open the window, I can see glare on my monitor. It becomes hard to distinguish when looking at an enemy. What's a good solution? Playing in the dark is bad for one's eyes.

Then stop going to myspace.com. Problem solved; no more enemies to look at.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Strobe light. Just watch the strobe. Nothing will bother you after a few minutes. Tinq, tinq, tinq, tinq...

effowe

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Just play in the dark, your eyes wont go bad for at least a few years.

S

SlitheryDee

You guys are all very very funny, I'm sure your mothers are very proud of you.

My mothers all disowned me . :(

Still, you need to either move the light source or the computer if you can't deal with playing in the dark.

illusion88

Lifer
Oct 2, 2001
I am the spalding grey of crap.

Why don't you get one of those old school glare reducer screens? Tape a cardboard box around your monitor (3 sides) or drape a towel over your head that encloses both your head and the monitor.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001

Says who? Optometrists or mothers who think the only purpose of a darkened room is to let their little snoogums sleep?

ShadowOfMyself

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2006
Originally posted by: Jeff7

Says who? Optometrists or mothers who think the only purpose of a darkened room is to let their little snoogums sleep?

Unless you REALLY have some kind of problem with playing in the dark, I agree, its just a myth... I myself am a proof of it, spending tons of time on computer at night without any other light and still having near perfect vision

So if your only worry is that, better not worry at all... Of course, each person is different, but if you were prone to lose vision quickly you would have lost it by now already... I am of the opinion that casual things like reading stress your eyes much more, and people that read alot tend to need glasses very young, so it makes sense :p