Give up Overclocking forever?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BlindBartimaeus

Golden Member
Jun 8, 2002
I have never had a powersupply issue that caused something like that. I HAVE had numerous ram issues that would do that. I have had mixed bag with Geil. It is cooks like Tina Turner in her prime or is SUXORS.

I would suggest trying each stick individually and see if that fixes your problem...my bet is that one of those two sticks is bad. If both were bad it would be more obvious.

Good luck...been down that road many times.

yourdeardaniel

Golden Member
Mar 20, 2004
i think the problem could be when u sleeved your PSU and voltage decreasing.
i had problems before with rebooting when i was overclocking with a not so good psu (for overclocking) so i switch out for a better more stable voltage PSU. now it rarely reboots (twice so far), each time i overclock it would reboot when voltage wasn't enough (and also heat issues) so i added more voltage and made sure the ambient temperature was low. maybe that could be your problem too.. or something else like ur ram, bios, voltage, heat, new video drivers. good luck on overclocking.

PCTweaker5

Banned
Jun 5, 2003
Well Im gonna try the 1 stick at a time thing and see what happens. Thanks for you kind responses and I hope I get this resolved.

PCTweaker5

Banned
Jun 5, 2003
I think I may have fixed it. Well earlier I shutdown my PC and turned off the PSU and unplugged the cord and left it that way for about a minute. I then made sure all connection inside were securely seated. So then I turned it back on and all seemed normal but I didnt test FarCry until just before this post and it works just fine. No quit to desktop and no PC rebooting, this might just be luck and its possible that the problems are still there but for the 1 hour I played FarCry it seemed just fine. Only problem I am experiencing right now is weird sounds coming from my speakers. When I first clicked on the FarCry icon quick static bursts came from out of my speakers in 6 "beats" and then all throughout the game. Now that I just quit they are still there. I will restart and see what happens but what might this be? I know the southbridge gets extremely hot and even with a heatsink on there it still seems quite hot.