"Give me your tired, your poor/Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free"

Status
Not open for further replies.

OBLAMA2009

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2008
sounds like they need to redeploy those tsa agents and bodyscanners to check j-1 visa holders for hotness

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I read the story, and was considering a response that 'finally, that is a story on foxnews I find credible.' Fair is fair, just not their use of the word.

Then I got suspicious and checked the top of the article, and was not surprised to find, it was just a linked AP story.

This is an issue in which we need government to do the right thing, which they finally might.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
I read the story, and was considering a response that 'finally, that is a story on foxnews I find credible.' Fair is fair, just not their use of the word.

Then I got suspicious and checked the top of the article, and was not surprised to find, it was just a linked AP story.

This is an issue in which we need government to do the right thing, which they finally might.

I know, with it being AP, it's credible.

And at least they put it on their website.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

The government will only do something if their feet are kept to the flame.

They will justify a few bad apples for the overall good of the business and the experience/education of the students.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I know, with it being AP, it's credible.

And at least they put it on their website.

Yes, but it's damning with faint praise to say 'at least they link some good stuff, too.'

That's actually how propaganda works - include as much valid stuff as possible, so it can 'rub off' on your stuff.

Check phony 'medical product' propaganda - they'll try to include valid FDA or Surgeon General type info, hoping the credibility 'rubs off' on them.

Sometimes it has little to do with their product.

For example, I remember places offering shady loans, adding a new introduction, 'President Obama has said he wants the economy to recover.

Billions in bailouts have been given to big business. Now, it's your turn.'

Now, Obama and the big business bailouts have nothing to do with these shady loans. But they 'seem' somehow better by association, like 'this is an Obama program'.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
Yes, but it's damning with faint praise to say 'at least they link some good stuff, too.'

That's actually how propaganda works - include as much valid stuff as possible, so it can 'rub off' on your stuff.

Check phony 'medical product' propaganda - they'll try to include valid FDA or Surgeon General type info, hoping the credibility 'rubs off' on them.

Sometimes it has little to do with their product.

For example, I remember places offering shady loans, adding a new introduction, 'President Obama has said he wants the economy to recover.

Billions in bailouts have been given to big business. Now, it's your turn.'

Now, Obama and the big business bailouts have nothing to do with these shady loans. But they 'seem' somehow better by association, like 'this is an Obama program'.

I look at more than foxnews.com. So I try to keep myself balanced as best as possible. At least more and more.

The evil @$$holes in this article need to be charged with Federal Crimes. The ostrich in the sand approach turns my stomach.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I look at more than foxnews.com. So I try to keep myself balanced as best as possible. At least more and more.

Good to hear. (My sig has some help with that if you want).

The evil @$$holes in this article need to be charged with Federal Crimes. The ostrich in the sand approach turns my stomach.

It sounds like you feel some of the outrage I felt over the Tom DeLay/Marianas situation.

In the long term, more and more 'economic justice' will be needed, as exploitation is all but inevitable with great inequality, but in the meantime, we can do what we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.