Give me YOUR reasons why I should buy Diablo 2

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
if they could make it look good on a big screen I would totally go back and play it again.

I has seriously wondered for awhile now that Blizzard doesn't just update the graphics on D2 every 3-4 years and rake in the cash. I think that game could remain popular for the next 30 years with regular graphic updates (each sold at $30, of course)

Generator

Mar 4, 2005
Played D2 for about 3 years, thats how long it took for me to level all the characters with the right talents, the best gear possible. Duels were fun or aggravating. Some of the best stuff about Diablo was all the bots/duping. It could get out of control, like when SoJ were getting duped that one day. But even with all the duping and botting the player base still consumed all those items. It enhanced the game oddly enough.

Once I level all the characters with the best gear I could I stopped playing. I think WoW is a better game, but combination of greed, trading, and item prestige was potent as fuck in Diablo! D3 is gonna be great if they manage to capture that economy again.

Dragonwell

Jun 10, 2011
Argh! I think I'm too stupid to get the F1 - F12 hotkeys to work for skill usage. How exactly do you set each skill to be activated by the given key?

Edit: Google + YouTube is my friend.

So far this game is just, beyond ridiculously addictive and I'm really stoked to see my skelliemancer through to the end only to do it again on, say, a Sorceress.

Edit again: I can see where the biggest complaint nowadays with this game would be the low resolution. I'm really stoked for D3 now; hopefully it's every bit as fun and addictive as D2 is.

Last edited:

GoStumpy

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2011
I have to ask, have you left your house in the last 3 months?

I just got re-addicted to D2, haven't played since 2002ish... Ordered 2 copies from Amazon, one for me and one for the wife :)

OVerLoRDI

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
Diablo 2 is the game I wasted more time on than any other. My friends and I had little interest in Bnet since our community didn't get broadband until around 2005. We just made parties and played through hell multiple times. I have numerous level 80-85 characters that have beaten hell and many many storage characters filled with items. Many many many hours of great times were had. I would still play it if my friends weren't completely sick of it :p

AVP

Jan 19, 2005
hmmm so i started playing again for the first time in at least 5 years. I lasted through the first act and got bored. Game just seems really shallow and monotonous.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Short answer-it's probably the best cooperative game I've run across, and it really shines when you are playing with friendly, noncheating, non-PK people. I strongly reccommend you check out the Amazon Basin-an association (not clan) of such people that run private password protected games on bnet. Link to their forum:

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?

<-- Has played D2, off and on, for most of the last decade, currently off.