Giuliani billed taxpayers for trips to the Hamptons

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Pabster
Originally posted by: Atomic Playboy
At least Clinton did it at his desk; not too much misappropriated taxpayer money for travel expenses involved there.

Yes, much better to disgrace the Oval Office :roll:

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Disgrace the oval office? You think that's the only sex act that's ever been performed there?

lol

But look on the bright side, Rudy has Kerik on his side, talk about an ethical heavyweight!

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Brainonska511
Originally posted by: Fern

-snip-

Fern

Long Island != NYC. NYC consists of Brooklyn, The Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island. Long Island is Nassau and Suffolk Counties, of which, the Hamptons fall on the South Fork of Suffolk County.

K, THX

Fern

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Originally posted by: piasabird
Most CEO's spend the stockholder's money the same way.

What's your point?

I'd like to think that we hold our civil servants (funny, I know) to a higher standard...

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: jman19

What's your point?

I'd like to think that we hold our civil servants (funny, I know) to a higher standard...

Bwuhahah LOLz :laugh:

Sorry man. That was just too funny.

Fern

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005

What's your point?

You'd like to think so wouldn't you? Most corporations follow the guideline of "avoiding even the appearance of impropriety", and therefore try to prevent even rumors of unethical/illegal behavior from arising. Unfortunately most politicians do not follow this guideline, but in their defense, people will think whatever a politician does has some scummy motivation attached in some way, and in the people's defense, that's probably true.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Fern

What's your point?

Bwuhahah LOLz :laugh:

Sorry man. That was just too funny.

Fern

Well I hope you agree that we should hold those in power to a higher regard than a CEO of a company, regardless of which group has more scumbags.