Girlfriend FU**ED UP MY Core i7 920 to 3.8ghz

ChaosDivine

May 23, 2008
We aren't psychics. You need to start OCing from scratch (adjust RAM timings, uncore clock, Vcore, Vdimm, etc.) and test.

t0n1k

Sep 29, 2009
AI OC Tuner: Manual
CPU Ratio: drop to 19
BCLK: increase to 200
DRAM Frequency: w/e your RAM speed supports
UCLK Frequency: ~3200MHz
--------------------------------------
CPU, QPI / DRAM Core & DRAM bus voltage may need to be tweaked if you did before - this varies from component to component so can't help you there.

Fox5

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
1. You need to break up with your girlfriend.
2. You need to break up your girlfriend. The overclocking secrets and now lost inside her, get them back.

RussianSensation

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2003
Guys but how can the overclock just reset itself? Unless his gf was smart enough to access the bios and load default settings, the overclock likely wasn't stable and reset itself to stock speeds. His gf was probably just using his computer while it bared the symptoms of instability!

imported_Shaq

Sep 24, 2004
Have your GF set it for you. If she messed it up she knows what she is doing. You can't just unplug it and mess it up. Put BCLK at 180 with turbo on and 1.4v set in BIOS will get it back and memory multi at 6X.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Originally posted by: RussianSensation
Unless his gf was smart enough to access the bios and load default settings, the overclock likely wasn't stable and reset itself to stock speeds. His gf was probably just using his computer while it bared the symptoms of instability!

hold down the reset button for 5 seconds...

I believe the bios will reset.

Originally posted by: CHiM721
I forget what I had to set what on the ASUS P6T. Please help!! =(

This is why i teach, instead of tell people how to overclock.

You need to learn how to overclock incase of stuff like this.

LCD123

Sep 29, 2009
When I get a girlfriend, my computer is off limits unless she's the nerd type and knows as much about computers as I do.

Fox5

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: LCD123
When I get a girlfriend, my computer is off limits unless she's the nerd type and knows as much about computers as I do.

The nerd type would probably be the most dangerous. Us nerds are very particular about our nerd things, I wouldn't want her touching my overclock. At least a non-nerd I can give a restricted account and be pretty confident nothing will go wrong. (or even better, dual boot into ubuntu and use the guest account option)

Ben90

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2009
Lol i bet his girlfriend overclocked for him, and then they got in an argument and she undid it since its obvious OP is so clueless about overclocking

faxon

Platinum Member
May 23, 2008
Originally posted by: LCD123

this. i normally dont run my desktop password protected since im the only one who uses it, but i didnt want her fucking around on it so i put one in. we broke up a month ago tho so no password anymore. hated having to log into my comp every single time lol. i like your dual boot into ubuntu idea though Fox5

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
Originally posted by: RussianSensation
Guys but how can the overclock just reset itself? Unless his gf was smart enough to access the bios and load default settings, the overclock likely wasn't stable and reset itself to stock speeds. His gf was probably just using his computer while it bared the symptoms of instability!

That sounds like the most likely scenario.