Girl with big pussy

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 27, 2020
Found a pic.

untitled-6.jpg
Do these bigger cats behave the same as normal ones? Lazy and sleeping all the time?

Jun 18, 2022
Do these bigger cats behave the same as normal ones? Lazy and sleeping all the time?
I've heard that Maine C00ns are VERY loyal and sweet. I've not had any personal experience, but everyone I've heard that has one, they are great cats. Not sure on how active they are? I'd love to have one, strictly because they are huge and it's like owning a mini wild cat, lol, but I'm really afraid it would ruin the relationship we have with our Siamese by introducing a huge cat. Wife wants one too. I think that will be the next cat we own though. If our yard was different where we live now, we'd have another Alaskan Malamute. That was the best dog ever! But we're all in on big Pussy cats right now :D

• Haha
Reactions: igor_kavinski

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Big cats and tiny cats are all very similar in behavior overall.

Individual cats however are just as widely varied in behavior and "purr-sonality" as people!

I've had a couple of big cats of 20 lbs+ .... both were males and both goofy sweethearts although one was a big orange Tabby and the other a Maine-c00n cat.

C00n ACTUALLY means "Racc00n" like freaking Ranger Rick not anything racist at all ROTFL.... it's extremely rare that it's used that way anymore and it's a total none-issue IMO.

EDIT: What a joke.... the "nanny-forum" filtered the animal name too! :D

Last edited:

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

Like most cats they sleep a lot during the day but our cameras show they heavily patrol the house at night. We have three Maine c00n cats who are in charge of the place. They are pretty smart and good at solving problems when they want something. Our middle child knows how to open closed doors when he wants. Probably the most unique thing about them besides sheer size and appearance is the sounds they make, especially if they are hunting.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Like most cats they sleep a lot during the day but our cameras show they heavily patrol the house at night. We have three Maine c00n cats who are in charge of the place. They are pretty smart and good at solving problems when they want something. Our middle child knows how to open closed doors when he wants. Probably the most unique thing about them besides sheer size and appearance is the sounds they make, especially if they are hunting.

The only "negative" I've found with Maine c00n-cats is that a lot of them are miserable if cooped up indoors.... they really are a couple steps closer to "wild" then the average house-kitty. (they're by far my favorite domesticated cats too!)

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The only "negative" I've found with Maine c00n-cats is that a lot of them are miserable if cooped up indoors.... they really are a couple steps closer to "wild" then the average house-kitty. (they're by far my favorite domesticated cats too!)

Two of ours have no interest at all in going outside. The third wants to but becomes terrified the second he slips out. Mostly they just enjoy hunting birds through the windows.

Our largest and youngest. He's about 18-19lbs. That is a large boot tray which serves as their placemat. He would also like you to know he is ready for dinner.

magnus.jpeg

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
C00ns get bigger than that, but nice cat Muse.

People have been sending me pics of Maine c00ns from Russia, where they are extremely popular, and sometimes I can't believe what I'm looking at. Some of those older males look like some new, other genus. Crossed with a dog.

We have a female c00n who is big for a girl. Obtained for someone else, she has claimed me as her dad, son, idk what. Will chirp and chatter at me nonstop, responds to calls, requests for fetch, will take naps on me. This little house panther will leap from the floor to my shoulders, then lay down horizontally behind my neck and just stay there while I'm doing chores. I feel like she's taking notes.