Girl in Clinton's `3 a.m.' ad is now 17 and supports Obama

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Originally posted by: senseamp
Pretty much Obama's base. Emo youth.

Yep, that Obama needs to build a bigger base if he wants to win a majority of the votes, states, and delegates.

Oh wait.. I'm not the idiot that believes that.

extra

Golden Member
Dec 18, 1999
Originally posted by: sirjonk
Originally posted by: Pabster
Irony :laugh:

Relevance :confused:

The judgment of 17 year olds is now hailed as wisdom. We're in a lot of trouble.

Mmmmm, ageism at it's best. Obviously a 17 year old is incapable of making a rational and good judgment!

Clearly, experience is needed to have good judgment! After all, no one had more experience than Dick Cheney...oh...wait.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
The what now? I am not here to respond to any threads, just post in the ones I feel like posting.

Man, you've got more crow to eat than Perry404. And that's saying something! :laugh:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: miketheidiot

i thought his base was the empty suit crowd and the demagogues? :confused:

the Obama base falls into a unique category of "anyone I don't like" ;)

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: loki8481

maybe if we put the emo youth into the empty suits senseamp would like obama better. ;)

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

Man, I knew emo was unreasonably popular...but over 50% of Democratic primary voters? Now THAT'S an impressively large social movement :roll:

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
Don't you know? This forums fit the Obama demographics perfectly. Young, educated and wealthy.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Knowing Hildabeast, she probably called up the girl and offered her a job or letter of recommendation to keep her mouth shut.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
funny note... a poll of Texans asking who they'd rather answer the phone -- Clinton, Obama, or McCain -- found a pretty big majority for McCain.

I wonder if he'll roll out this same commercial in the general election. lol.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
when this primary is said and done, the obama and hillary supporters are going to have to unite, whether they like it or not, if they don't want to see McCain in office.

calling everyone who has the audacity to disagree with you a shill and trashtalking a candidate that almost half of all democrats voted for isn't really helpful.
Good point. Someone should remind Mrs. Clinton of this before she irreparably damages Obama and splits the Democratic party. It may be too late on both counts.

Clinton's dirty campaigning reminds me too much of Bush 43's Rovian mud-slinging. That's one of the reasons I never supported him either. I don't trust anyone so blatant in placing personal gain above honesty and integrity. Turned out to be quite a prophetic preview of his reign, don't you think?

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
funny note... a poll of Texans asking who they'd rather answer the phone -- Clinton, Obama, or McCain -- found a pretty big majority for McCain.

That's already been suggested. Clinton does NOT want to get into a debate with McCain over who has the best national security credentials. It's no contest. Obama's ace is he can hit both of them on showing the same poor judgment about Iraq. Clinton doesn't have that card.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Bowfinger
Good point. Someone should remind Mrs. Clinton of this before she irreparably damages Obama and splits the Democratic party. It may be too late on both counts.

It's not too late, but damage will be done. McCain is having a field day with attacks and ideas for the general election, and Hillary's critique of Obama vis-a-vi CIC preparedness isn't going to help.

Clinton's dirty campaigning reminds me too much of Bush 43's Rovian mud-slinging. That's one of the reasons I never supported him either. I don't trust anyone so blatant in placing personal gain above honesty and integrity. Turned out to be quite a prophetic preview of his reign, don't you think?

Well, they're all part of the same circle. Different sides of the aisle, but the same motives.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

That's already been suggested. Clinton does NOT want to get into a debate with McCain over who has the best national security credentials. It's no contest. Obama's ace is he can hit both of them on showing the same poor judgment about Iraq. Clinton doesn't have that card.

it'll be an interesting race.

I can't wait to watch McCain turn that ace around as Obama's inflexibility to reevaluate the progress being made, his complete lack of any military experience as a reason Obama showed such poor judgment in opposing the surge, and Obama's seemingly never ending quest to invent a time machine.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

I can't wait to watch McCain turn that ace around as Obama's inflexibility to reevaluate the progress being made, his complete lack of any military experience as a reason Obama showed such poor judgment in opposing the surge, and Obama's seemingly never ending quest to invent a time machine.

Ummm, perhaps it's because he actually thought about the motives behind the surge and they haven't been carried through? You cannot be this dense about the reason why we started the surge, can you? Did the surge work?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Dari

Ummm, perhaps it's because he actually thought about the motives behind the surge and they haven't been carried through? You cannot be this dense about the reason why we started the surge, can you? Did the surge work?

I wish the search feature didn't suck so much so I could find the half dozen posts where I said the same exact thing.

that's just how McCain's going to frame it... political progress as the reason for the surge has is hanging out in some dustbin with WMDs as the reason for the Iraq war.

nuances don't matter when they're up against a soundbite; just ask John "I voted for it before I voted against it" Kerry.

edit: here we go... http://forums.anandtech.com/me...id=52&threadid=2095677

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

:laugh: That one made me laugh!

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002

ROFL. We'll see how that plays out. Iraq is a failure that's cost hundreds of thousands of innocent lives -- including 4000+ American soldiers -- upwards of one TRILLION dollars, and a severe loss of global stature for the United States. The fact that we may finally be putting out a few embers here and there doesn't undo the preceding inferno. McCain and Clinton both showed poor judgment in supporting Bush's attack on Iraq, a fiasco Obama opposed from the beginning.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

ROFL. We'll see how that plays out. Iraq is a failure that's cost hundreds of thousands of innocent lives -- including 4000+ American soldiers -- upwards of one TRILLION dollars, and a severe loss of global stature for the United States. The fact that we may finally be putting out a few embers here and there doesn't undo the preceding inferno. McCain and Clinton both showed poor judgment in supporting Bush's attack on Iraq, a fiasco Obama opposed from the beginning.

I guess we'll see in a couple months :)

I try not to shill too much in either direction, I just think it's going to be interesting... McCain's early win gives him the opportunity to frame the debate as "I think we can win, and you can trust me because of my military experience and 20 years served on the armed services committee" vs "this sux, let's gtfo" while Hillary and Obama are still slugging it out and pandering to the left.