girl fight - shovel to the head

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Sometimes I am ashamed to be a primate (like after watching that).

i know right? if our brain was in the center of our body (like in chest cavity), think about how much more protected it would be. and if we had like 2 headlike protrusions so that you could still function even if one was lost. that would be much safer.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
You generally can't claim self defense if you instigated the conflict to begin with...

Uhh, the initial fighting was consensual combat. Both were willing participants and both stated it as such.

The fight ended when the girl in black says she is done and has had enough. When the girl in black says that and tells the girl in pink to leave it's over. The girl in pink not leaving is criminally trespassing by continuing to remain on the property and following the girl in black around in an attempt to instigate the fight further again.

If you want an analogous scenario this is like a girl saying "No" to sex just after taking off all her clothes and saying "yes" up until that point. Once someone says "No" it is over and trying to continue sexual contact is rape after that.

Continuing actions against someone that has disengaged from a given scenario is a criminal action in most cases. The girl in pink should have just said, "Fuck it, I won and I'm leaving" and left it at that. When she followed the girl in black up to her house she was leaving herself open to the girl in black being able to use up to deadly force with a weapon to defend herself now.

I consider fighting like this stupid on both parts, but the girl in pink was the stupidest in the end.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Clink, lol

Its really not funny, but it looked and sounded like something out of a comedy movie

I glad she is ok

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
I'm not saying self-defense. I'm saying forceful ejection from property.

The girl was running away from the property. Using deadly force (which I consider a shovel to the head to be) is way out of line.

She's lucky the girl wasn't seriously injured, or I'm sure she'd be serving some time.

Uhh, the initial fighting was consensual combat. Both were willing participants and both stated it as such.

The fight ended when the girl in black says she is done and has had enough. When the girl in black says that and tells the girl in pink to leave it's over. The girl in pink not leaving is criminally trespassing by continuing to remain on the property and following the girl in black around in an attempt to instigate the fight further again.

If you want an analogous scenario this is like a girl saying "No" to sex just after taking off all her clothes and saying "yes" up until that point. Once someone says "No" it is over and trying to continue sexual contact is rape after that.

Continuing actions against someone that has disengaged from a given scenario is a criminal action in most cases. The girl in pink should have just said, "Fuck it, I won and I'm leaving" and left it at that. When she followed the girl in black up to her house she was leaving herself open to the girl in black being able to use up to deadly force with a weapon to defend herself now.

I consider fighting like this stupid on both parts, but the girl in pink was the stupidest in the end.

The same can be said about the girl in pink after she was fleeing. Hitting her in the back of the head with a shovel when she was no longer a threat is criminal as well.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
The girl was running away from the property. Using deadly force (which I consider a shovel to the head to be) is way out of line.

She's lucky the girl wasn't seriously injured, or I'm sure she'd be serving some time.

The same can be said about the girl in pink after she was fleeing. Hitting her in the back of the head with a shovel when she was no longer a threat is criminal as well.

Watch the video. She followed her into the shed and was refusing to leave the property and wanted to continue the fight.

Also, the time it takes for her to get the shovel, and the sexy redhead in pink to react to the shovel and begin to flee is very quick. This is akin to the moment of "oh fuck, i'm breaking into someone's house and they have a gun and are about to shoot me" level of apprehension and attempt to flee in a house break-in situation. It happened very fast.

If you think what she is doing is wrong, then you probably feel that you can only brandish weapons in these kinds of situations and never use them, because whenever any criminal is about to see that they are going to lose, they likely feel apprehension and an attempt to flee.

Last edited:

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
If you think what she is doing is wrong, then you probably feel that you can only brandish weapons in these kinds of situations and never use them, because whenever any criminal is about to see that they are going to lose, they likely feel apprehension and an attempt to flee.

I really don't care enough about this to argue with you, but you really shouldn't make assumptions.

My point is that you shouldn't shoot someone in the back as they are fleeing, just like you shouldn't hit someone over the head with a shovel when they are also fleeing.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Springfield is just west of Columbus, so 100% they were both drunk.

Topweasel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
I am with Moment on this. She (black clothed) stated she was getting a weapon if she (Pink) didn't leave, continued to advance on her (black), and only started fleeing moments after brandishing a weapon. She (pink) had an opportunity to flee and had been warned about her (black) plan to arm herself and still advanced. Once making a quick judgement call that she couldn't stand up to a shovel doesn't alleviate her continual advancement both on the property and towards black.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
I really don't care enough about this to argue with you, but you really shouldn't make assumptions.

My point is that you shouldn't shoot someone in the back as they are fleeing, just like you shouldn't hit someone over the head with a shovel when they are also fleeing.

From the time you draw your weapon for them to turn around is probably the same time for you to aim and fire. Shooting someone in that moment is not the same as chasing someone across your property a couple hundred yards and gunning them down. You use the word "fleeing" in a very broad sense.

Watched the video again, she grabs the shovel at 6:25 and makes impact with it at 6:27.

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
Funny how she went from "Ima goin to kick yur ass..." to "ahhhh whyyyyy she hit me... ahhhhh".

There's an extended video of the two of them fighting. The chick in black was dating this one dude. The one dude broke it off but she refused to accept the fact that they weren't together anymore. The chick in pink met the dude at a party and got it on. The chick in black was calling him and harassing him so the dude had the chick in pink call the chick in black and tell her to buzz off. The chick in pink then claims to have never seen him again, aren't dating, etc, just a one night stand.

The two girls came to an agreement to fight about the matter and they both jump around the yard beating the piss out of each other. The chick in pink is obviously a better fighter than the chick in black as the chick in pink beats the snot out of the chick in black who starts doing all sorts of stupid shit like pulling hair and slapping and crying and yelling to get off her property.

The two girls are long time friends, apparently, or were.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
And that is how you snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

That's a serious weapon, and serious head trauma. There any news story to follow through with this? I'm rather concerned for how that ended.

No kidding. That type of head injury can be deadly.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
There's an extended video of the two of them fighting. The chick in black was dating this one dude. The one dude broke it off but she refused to accept the fact that they weren't together anymore. The chick in pink met the dude at a party and got it on. The chick in black was calling him and harassing him so the dude had the chick in pink call the chick in black and tell her to buzz off. The chick in pink then claims to have never seen him again, aren't dating, etc, just a one night stand.

The two girls came to an agreement to fight about the matter and they both jump around the yard beating the piss out of each other. The chick in pink is obviously a better fighter than the chick in black as the chick in pink beats the snot out of the chick in black who starts doing all sorts of stupid shit like pulling hair and slapping and crying and yelling to get off her property.

The two girls are long time friends, apparently, or were.

As far as the fighting goes, I won't say one is a better fighter at all over the other.

The set the ground rules for a slap fight. No hair pulling, punching, kicking, or going to the ground. I think the girl in black wanted to slap the girl in pink up without actually harming their long term friendship. Strange as that may sound.

Girl in black was better at getting in, and delivering the slaps. Girl in pink everytime was the first to grab hair, start kicking, start punching, and pull the fight to the ground. Which were rules both agreed not to do prior to the fight.

Girl in black continues to adhere to the rules of the fight in every round, while the girl in the pink keeps wanting to punch, pull hair, kick, and drag the fight to the ground.

Which is what pissed the girl off in black enough to call a halt to the fight and eject the girl in pink from her property.

Overall, I think the girl in black is the better fighter because she consistently tried to adhere to the rules of the fight. Now if the fight was a no-holds-bared situation and either was out to win at all costs then the girl in pink one. But that's like saying the boxer that hits the other guy in the nuts is the better fighter because he used an illegal punch.