Girl at my school arrested for CC fraud.

GermyBoy

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
Don't you wish you were her proud parents?

Updates:

1) She is guilty of it.
2) She claims that the card was her friends, and they said charge whatever you want.
3) It is from someone she doesn't know.
4) She is out on bail and has allegedly already left the state, probably heading for Mexico or something.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Skipping bail for some CC fraud charges? That couldn't be more than a year right? How old is she?

V00DOO

Diamond Member
Dec 2, 2000
I hope her parents didn't put up their house as bail. Hate to see them loss the house.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: tweakmm
Skipping bail for some CC fraud charges? That couldn't be more than a year right? How old is she?

Well it depends.

They could also tack on identity theft and various other charges, including but not limited to wire fraud, mail fraud, and bank fraud, and it also depends on the amount of money she spent, it could be 10+ years in federal prison.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Originally posted by: digitalsm

Well it depends.

They could also tack on identity theft and various other charges, including but not limited to wire fraud, mail fraud, and bank fraud, and it also depends on the amount of money she spent, it could be 10+ years in federal prison.
Assuming a good lawyer who spends more than a couple years in jail for anything besides quadruple homicide and even they get out on bail a few more years later.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Joe Bennett, vice president for University relations, said the Purdue student who was arrested set herself up with a Web site to serve as a buying agent. Bennett said she would claim she could buy items for a better price and people would buy through her.

Thats alot more than CC fraud. Though if the total amount isnt much more than $2,500, shes a moron for jumping bail, as she would have recieved a slap on the wrist + restitution. Although this is just alleged.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003

Well it depends.

Assuming a good lawyer who spends more than a couple years in jail for anything besides quadruple homicide and even they get out on bail a few more years later.

Uh, care to over exagerate a little more?

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001

Well it depends.

Sure, I'm exagerating a little, but our legal system is fvcked and from what I've seen if you have money, a good lawyer you can get out of a lot.

CrazyDe1

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
Yeah, well a girl I know is the new girl on Fox's reality TV show obnoxious fiance....I hungout with her some in high school and she was dating my friend

Balthazar

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2000
The stupidity of some people amazes me....especially that she jumped bail (if she really did....I'm sure by now there are reports shes been knocked up by bigfoot and they live in a shack in canada....something about locals not being reliable news sources....)

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
my friend went to jv for that...she and my bro's friend were both in it...and my bro's friend borrowed some stuff from me and my bro...all of which were confiscated...that bastard

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Well it depends.

Sure, I'm exagerating a little, but our legal system is fvcked and from what I've seen if you have money, a good lawyer you can get out of a lot.

Do good lawyers take credit cards?

Mears

Platinum Member
Mar 9, 2000
Originally posted by: etech

Well it depends.

Do good lawyers take credit cards?

LOL!