Gigabyte Z370N-WiFi

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Xetano, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Xetano

Xetano Junior Member

Any one has this motherboard?

Is it true that Gigabyte boards has bad VRM? How bad is it?

Thanks!

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Gigabyte Z370N WiFi Forum Date
    Please suggest a motherboard for i5 3470. Gigabyte H77 D3h stopped working Motherboards Nov 18, 2017
    Has Anyone tried the Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7? Motherboards Nov 10, 2017
    gigabyte x299 gaming 7, m.2 slot help Motherboards Oct 30, 2017
    Gigabyte Z370 ATX motherboard? Motherboards Oct 16, 2017
    Asus Z170I Pro Gaming wifi antennas. Motherboards Feb 3, 2017

3. Campy

Campy Senior member

I don't have it, but it's probably alright? If you want a better VRM on a mini-ITX board look at the Asus Rog Strix Z370-I Gaming, or the Asrock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming ITX/ac.

Do you plan on doing heavy overclocking or something? :)

4. Xetano

Xetano Junior Member

I already have this motherboard and I paired it with i5 8600K. I'm currently running on stock (with MultiCore Enhancement) enabled so MSI Afterburner reports it running at 4.1Ghz

I'm fairly new at overclocking so forgive me but what do you mean by "heavy overclocking". I tried to do some manual overclock by changing the multiplier to 45, and left the vcore voltage at stock. I was able to run AIDA64 system stability test for more than 10 mins without crashing.

5. Campy

Campy Senior member

Oh I see. I'm not much of an overclocker myself but 4.5 isn't very much for that CPU. When you start approaching 5GHz things might get more iffy in terms of VRM temps, but maybe you can monitor it with programs like Hwmonitor or Hwinfo? If you don't plan on clocking higher than 4.5 I wouldn't worry much about it though.

Also, airflow over the VRMs always helps.

Btw shouldn't MCE put you at 4.3 all core turbo?

6. Xetano

Xetano Junior Member

Hmm I don't know I'm just relying on what afterburner's reading.

Yes I did when I ran AIDA64 with the CPU @ 4.5Ghz VRM Mos temps went up to 68 degrees according to HWInfo64.

I don't have any plans of going over 4.5 at this time as my games that im playing are running at the performance I wanted.

7. Campy

Campy Senior member

Honestly you might be overthinking this, it shouldn't be a problem with such a conservative overclock.

68c is nothing for VRMs and boards usually won't throttle until they're at least 100c, though it's nice to keep temps down for longevity of course. If you're still worried, do a heavy gaming session allowing everything to heat up, and see what the max temp was during the session.