Gigabyte Windforce 3x GTX 770 - high temps

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

litwicki22

Sep 13, 2012
Yeah but see, on Lightning 770 on the same case i was had max 73C on games. And i was happy because of temps. But Unigine 4.0 was crashing drivers.;/ Now on Windforce 770 i am happy with stability ( no apps crash yet ) but unhappy with high temps. Understood:)?

tg2708

May 23, 2013
Like blackened said it can be due to inadequate air flow. But I don't think another RMA is necessary because all the cards you got hit the same 80 degrees and that probably is normal or safe without enough cooling. So your best bet is too increase the fan count of the case, get better ones or water cool.

Bubbleawsome

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2013
Definitely not.
But aren't the cards designed to run to a certain fan speed then take care of the rest of the temps through throttle?

litwicki22

Sep 13, 2012
I can change to another example , hopefully with good better temps. Should i do that? Or play with 80C?

litwicki22

Sep 13, 2012
This is my first GIGABYTE 770 Windforce. Overall i am happy about performance and stability. Only unhappy about temps.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
This is my first GIGABYTE 770 Windforce. Overall i am happy about performance and stability. Only unhappy about temps.

But the temps are the most important part of a video card! The card could play your favorite games wonderfully all day long, but at the end of the day, it's those numbers on your temperature monitor that really matter! How can you be happy playing your games knowing you're missing out on FPS because of something as silly as temperature?

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
But the temps are the most important part of a video card! The card could play your favorite games wonderfully all day long, but at the end of the day, it's those numbers on your temperature monitor that really matter! How can you be happy playing your games knowing you're missing out on FPS because of something as silly as temperature?

For real. When I hit 70C I freak out. In fact, I ripped my EVGA SC ACX card out of my PCIE slot when this last happened, while power was on, ruining my motherboard.

But it was well worth it - when I RMA'ed everything including the motherboard back to amazon.com, my 4th RMA had temps of 68C under the same conditions. It was well worth the time and effort over two weeks! 2C makes a huge difference. Trust me.

I guess I got lucky that it only took 4 RMAs. Maybe if I had done 10 RMAs I would have gotten a better sample? Hmm.

Phynaz

Lifer
Mar 13, 2006
I would never accept a card that ran hotter than ambient. That's why they have coolers and fans. If they are hotter than the surrounding environment the cooling isn't working properly and you will end up with a thermal runaway.

litwicki22

Sep 13, 2012
Maybe 80C is ok with that carD? if many peoples got the same temps like me on that card? Or just change it?

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
What I would do is return the card, sell the entire PC, and get a playstation 4. Yeah. That's what you should do.

I don't know what temp the PS4 runs at though. You may have to RMA it 4-5 times.

Bubbleawsome

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2013
That temperature means that you are losing power efficiency and fps. Once it gets old it will be worse. Just RMA it every week or so and it should be ok, but you want ambient temps.

p_monks33

Golden Member
May 22, 2011
Please lock this trolling thread. If not a troll, YOUR TEMPS ARE GOOD .
Masz temperatury są w porządku, nie wysyłaj kartę z powrotem.
In English: Your temperatures are fine do not send your card back.

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
You act like he's going to listen to us. He's made similar threads over the past 8 months with the same question. And we told him his GPUs were fine. Did he heed our advice? Of course not. And apparently he RMA'ed 7 GPUs in a row after not listening to our advice. That's what he claims anyway.

OP is a troll. Plain and simple.

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004
I think the OP had his question answered in this thread plus a ton of other similar threads. This has gone long enough.

-Rvenger

Status
Not open for further replies.