gigabyte sniper x58 board on newegg now

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
I think the Geek community really should start boycotting all PC products with dumb@ss sounding names. It's well well past the F'ing idiotic point. Exactly WTF on a motherboard could be contrued as having anything at all to do with sniping?

nenforcer

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2008
cumstain.jpg

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
I just looked at the pics on NewEgg....someone lie to me and tell me that's not a magazine on a motherboard. Just lie....

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
I think the Geek community really should start boycotting all PC products with dumb@ss sounding names. It's well well past the F'ing idiotic point. Exactly WTF on a motherboard could be contrued as having anything at all to do with sniping?

I don't think it is Geeks who are buying it

products like this seem to be specifically targeting the blatantly ignorant

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
I've seen enough of The World to know better, but, lawdy, are people this F'ing gullable regarding Marketing?

I wonder what's next?

Bulldozer IUD Edition?
Llano Double-D Edition?
Ivy Bridge Vagidestructor Edition?

Where does this idiocy end......

Hogan773

Nov 2, 2010
Because it has an ammo clip on the board and even a bullet

Wow, that is totally ghey. And for only $450 too, what a bargain.D:

And I thought the Fatal1ty thing was bad......

Apparently there are many more true dorks among us than I care to admit. Because yeah, when you look through the window of your PC (PERSONAL COMPUTER) case and see an ammo clip with a bullet sticking out the top (but no gun) glued to a PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARD......yeah that makes a ton of sense. I know women dig hardcore PC gaming already, but add some actual weaponry to it too......I'm sure those women are going to be jumping out of their clothes because of how cool the dude is that owns this motherboard.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
I believe that is called a magazine. (not a clip)

And yeah that theme is not my style. If the board was a record setter the hardcore enthusiast would remove that any way and put a water block over everything. :biggrin:

The Gigabyte X58 OC board, OTOH looks worthy of consideration. Definitely a contender to the REXIII. Although this is late in the game and by the time one weeds through early BIOS revisions to work things out S2011 will be in our hands. The decent boards are already here and their BIOS' are mature.

In the meantime that doesn't mean the enthusiasts cannot play. They have options, and that's what counts.

ramj70

Aug 24, 2004
I believe that is called a magazine. (not a clip)

Yeah technically they are different but the terms are used interchangeably quite a bit. Even with a window on your PC not sure if you really could see it that well. Don't think too many people stare at the innards of their PC that much.

Different strokes for different folks I guess

Last edited:

Hogan773

Nov 2, 2010
Yeah technically they are different but the terms are used interchangeably quite a bit. Even with a window on your PC not sure if you really could see it that well. Don't think too many people stare at the innards of their PC that much.

Different strokes for different folks I guess

I'd guess lots of strokes for folks who buy a board with a magazine glued to it for $450. Own-hand strokes, that is.

coffeejunkee

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2010
I'm gonna buy this board, slip into my wookie suit, snipe you all day long from the other side of the map and there's nothing you can do about it.

Athadeus

Feb 29, 2004
I'm gonna buy this board, slip into my wookie suit, snipe you all day long from the other side of the map and there's nothing you can do about it.

LOL. I haven't played FPS in years because there is such ridiculous skill/exploitation differences between players in just about every game. When I was good at Starseige Tribes, CS, and CSS and knew a few mods and maps well and how to abuse them it did seem fun, but when I casually tried newer shooters, I realized it is not fun to be the other guy, so I just stopped with them altogether.

Until a game has better matchmaking which equalizes skill better or I want to play seriously again, people that speak like you (and actually mean it) can play with themselves only imo.

Also, 1366 is dead, seriously. I wonder if this just ended up being a really late to market product?

coffeejunkee

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2010
LOL. I haven't played FPS in years because there is such ridiculous skill/exploitation differences between players in just about every game. When I was good at Starseige Tribes, CS, and CSS and knew a few mods and maps well and how to abuse them it did seem fun, but when I casually tried newer shooters, I realized it is not fun to be the other guy, so I just stopped with them altogether.

Until a game has better matchmaking which equalizes skill better or I want to play seriously again, people that speak like you (and actually mean it) can play with themselves only imo.

Also, 1366 is dead, seriously. I wonder if this just ended up being a really late to market product?

You should try a little BFBC2, you'll probably understand my post better. But there is actually something you can do about it. Get the G1 Assassin, sneak round the map and put a knife in my back while I'm staring through my scope.

Oh I missed this on first sight, but the vrm area is cooled by a noobtube: http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=2012&pageID=10242

Last edited:

mb103051

Oct 27, 2005
1366 isnt dead yet, not till Q4/11 or Q1/12....1366 is a beast of a system..video encoding is so impressive..lightning fast...