GIGABYTE GV-NX88T512HP8 @ Newegg

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
$279.99

Available now.

I would buy it now but just finished paying off all my Christmas bills & third trip to Germany/Europe in 2007. My wallet needs a short breather.

ja1484

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2007

Not at that price. It's pretty easy to find 8800GTs at ~230ish now, and better aftermarket coolers can be had for ~$40, with some ramsinks to boot.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
of course this is already overclocked by Gigabyte to 700MHz so you're guaranteed at least that with part of the $280...

Jetster

Aug 1, 2005
they put a brand new redesigned zalman fan there, looks like 8800gt is too hot for vf700 to handle, i wonder how the fan is compared against vf900

ja1484

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2007
Originally posted by: bunnyfubbles
of course this is already overclocked by Gigabyte to 700MHz so you're guaranteed at least that with part of the $280...

Didn't notice that, and that *is* something to consider, although it seems the majority of 8800GTs with any decent cooling are making it to 700 and beyond. However, if you don't care to tool around with OCing yourself, or you simply want those speeds guaranteed, the price actually becomes a lot more reasonable.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: ja1484
Originally posted by: bunnyfubbles

Didn't notice that, and that *is* something to consider, although it seems the majority of 8800GTs with any decent cooling are making it to 700 and beyond. However, if you don't care to tool around with OCing yourself, or you simply want those speeds guaranteed, the price actually becomes a lot more reasonable.

Well my Asus 8800GT OCs to 700 great. Just played CoH with it, no artifacts or stability problems. And it can be had for ~$258 with 2-day shipping.

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
changes from what? rev1.0 is the first release. They are just giving it a revision in case they have to make changes later. (forward thinking... instead of having a rev2.0 and something with no revision mentioned).

This is like the gigabyte mobos... its their "ultra durable" design... ferrite cores, high quality mosfets, solid capacitors...

That makes it OC higher then it would otherwise. This is part of why it costs more.

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
Originally posted by: gorobei
no. there are two versions listed on the website. both use the new zalman 870 cooler. if they are like asus then it could be a tempurature sensor or bios change.

GV-NX88T512HP
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Pro...ew.aspx?ProductID=2720

and

GV-NX88T512HP (rev. 1.0)
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Pro...ew.aspx?ProductID=2752

try to read into the subject a little before you shoot off a reply. And fyi gigabyte doesn't release revs in order. The GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 came out with rev 3.x then later 1.0

I have read, typically on the gigabyte site you will have links to other revisions, and I saw none there... example:
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Pro...ew.aspx?ProductID=2746

However in this case you have a product listed twice (which I did not notice at the time), one with revision 1.0, and one without a mention of revision. and I can't see anything different between them. I can only surmise that it is an error.
The one without the rev 1.0 lists an award and has colorized texts in the specification tab. My guess is that due to an issue with their web update software, someone made those modification and it got submitted as a new page instead of replacing the old one.

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
wow.
Wrong, wrong, partially right, and wrong.

1. [assuming that the m/b product page format is the same for all products.] The video card listing for the 7600 series shows a rev 3 and rev 1 as separate pages and not sub-links in the same page. http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Pro...Type=PCI-E&BUSSpeed=16. In that case one has a slient pipe that takes 2 slots, the other takes possibly only one slot. Wrong

2. [going by simple comparison of the two pages and jumping to the conclusion that there is no difference or that the difference(award listing) is an error]. The award listing is a clue to the difference. http://www.hardwarezone.com/ar...view.php?cid=3&id=2435. Wrong

3. [there is an error with the web page] The error isn't in the page text or page duplication, but in the picture. The image shown is the rev 1.0 card with the zalman 870 cooler. The correct image should be the same as the other non-rev1.0 card GV-NX88T256H with the zalman VF-700 al-cu cooler. The hardwarezone.com review/award was for the old cooler version(not rev1.0). The image link has the correct file name and points to the right file, but the actual image is wrong. Right about there being an error, but still Wrong about the problem and reason.

The good news is that your inability to admit you might have been wrong spurred me to find the correct information. And we now know the rev1.0 versions of the 8800gt 256 and 512 are primarily for the new 870 cooler.

PS: I asked what people knew, not what they assumed. If you're going to speculate/"surmise", then say that you're guessing and own up to it if you are wrong. You were wrong about the revs starting at 1.0 in your first reply and when I pointed it out you went back and did a little more work to justify your first argument.

The world is an imperfect place, embrace the possibility of your own error. I do.

tigersty1e

Golden Member
Dec 13, 2004
There's really nothing wrong with the stock cooler from Nvidia.

If you're a pickler about sound, then this deal might be decent...

Surtrsflame

Jan 25, 2008
just because there is nothing wrong with it, doesn't mean that there aren't people who don't want something that is better