• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB - Dual Screen gaming??

Joshua Morrison

Sep 6, 2017
I recently bought the Gig. GTX 1060 3Gb gpu from newegg, my cousin referred it to me and said it would everything I play more than good, so i went with it (hes pretty fimiliar with pc stuff). So now that I am slowly becoming a pc gamer (was console) I was wanting to dual screen - main monitor run my game (h1z1 kotk, destiny, etc.) and my second screen run youtube, twitch, or simply google. So i set up the dual screen, pulled up a youtube video (which i only have playing in the waiting lobby) but i noticed my frames are extremely lower than normal, and it is pretty choppy trying to play. when i play with single screen setup i get 100-120 smooth fps. Is there anything i am doing wrong to cause just a hit in my fps? could it be due to my cpu (i5-2500k @ 3.3GHz) or my RAM (8GB ddr3).

Side note: if i turn off the screen it runs fine (even if the cord is plugged in still)

ASK THE COMMUNITY