gigabyte ga-p35-ds3r and S3 standby with USB

toughwimp11

May 8, 2005
First of all, I already posted this problem in the "Software for Windows" forum but realized that its more motherboard specific so posted it here. Sorry for the double post

My motherboard, as it says in the title, is GA-P35-DS3R rev 1.0 running the latest bios version, F9

Until recently, I had a PS/2 mouse which would resume out of standby (set to S3 in the bios) with no problems. I just got a G5 so now both my mouse and my keyboard are USB and I cant find a way to exit standby other than pressing the power button but I find that annoying since my computer is under my desk and it has a front panel. I tried enabling the USB to allow the computer to exit standby but failed. One solution I tried was to go to Device Manager and find the USB Root Hub and click the option which says to "Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby" but the problem is that the feature is greyed out for every root hub and I dont know why?Anyone have a solution?

gottogo99

Sep 22, 2006
Google USBBIOSx and see what Microsoft has to say. You'll need to edit the registry. It worked for me on an Intel board, may not work on yours.