Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 & Tuniq Tower

Vlip

Mar 19, 2007
I have a Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 (did not get the DS3 because I needed IEEE-1394). This thing has a heatsink on the back of the board that Gigabyte calls Crazy Cool. Does this prevent me from using HSF like Tuniq Tower 120 or Thermalright Ultra-120? In looking at all the pictures, it appears there is a bracket that mounts to the back of the mobo. Can these brackets still be mounted or not?

If not, I think I will go with the Scythe Infinity since it appears to be on a par with the two mentioned above but clips to mobo much like the stock cooler. I have read review where the reviewers seemed uncomfortable with such a large and heavy HSF mounted that way and suggested that Scythe should revise the mounting. Should this be a concern?

Thanks!

Cheex

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2006
The Tuniq Tower 120 is still superior to the Infinity and the Freezer 7 Pro. Tuniq is still the best out-of-the-box cooler. The Thermalright Ultra-120 has to have a fan added. To each his own. Anyway....

All of them however, work well on the DS3 and S3 but as for the DQ6, I'm not sure but I will check on it and make another post.

Vlip

Mar 19, 2007
I read a review of the Scythe Infinity with two fans in push-pull configuration that supposedly edged out the Tuniq Tower. Anyway, they are probably close enough that If I cannot use the Tuniq Tower, I'll probably be fine with the Scythe but, if it works, I'll get the Tuniq.

Thanks, I'll be waiting for your post.