Gigabyte 8KNXP SATA Problems HELPPPPPP

VladS

Dec 30, 2003
When installing WinXP I push F6 then S then put my Floppy in. It asks me witch driver I select it and continue. After it loads the driver it says that WinXP is continuing to install and then massage pups up saying that Win did not find HD???????
I can see hard drive in Bois as it is booting
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ANYONE............
I am very frasturated with this

Mother board: Gigabyte 8KNXP
CPU: 3.0Ghz FSB 800Mhz
Memory: 1Gb
Video: All-In_Wonder 9800
Sound: Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
Hard Drive: WD 250Gb

nexus09

Jun 18, 2001
Did you ever resolve this issue? I am having the same problem with an Asus SK8V board! I need to get this fixed! :|

poopyman67

Jan 20, 2004
amazing, u know, nexus, u and i have the same mobo, memory, and vid card(great minds think alike). Well, anyways, the only advice I can give u is go 2 either the silicon images website and dl the driver, make sure u get the right one, u want the SATA driver, not the SATA RAID driver. After you select that, you should be ok. I know i had some problems tho when I was setting up my SATA RAID 0 setup, kept on crashing, but now that I got all the current drivers, it works like a charm!!! THIS MOBO IS DA BOMB!

poopyman67

Jan 20, 2004
amazing, u know, nexus, u and i have the same mobo, memory, and vid card(great minds think alike). Well, anyways, the only advice I can give u is go 2 either the silicon images website and dl the driver, make sure u get the right one, u want the SATA driver, not the SATA RAID driver. After you select that, you should be ok. I know i had some problems tho when I was setting up my SATA RAID 0 setup, kept on crashing, but now that I got all the current drivers, it works like a charm!!! THIS MOBO IS DA BOMB!