Giga-byte GA-7AX/P overclocking

KonaMonkey02

Jul 31, 2003
How do I change the mulipliter setting on this board past 12.5? I dont see any option on the bios, and the on-board switches only go up to 12.5.......I have the F10 bios of the Gigabyte GA-7AX rev. 1.1. Thanks in advance!

KonaMonkey02

Jul 31, 2003
do you know if this will work with a tbred - b? Also, If I cut that bridge, will I only be able to run at that muliplier setting from then on?
Thanks for the reply!

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Well, I had this board for a good year and I never had any luck getting all of the mulitpliers to work. What I was told is that if your chip has a default multiplier of 13 or higher, you will have all of the higher multipliers available. If you have something with a default multiplier lower than that, you will have all of the lower multipliers available. To my knowledge, there is not really anyway to have all of the multipliers available though....good luck....:)

The combo I ran with that board was a 1700 B. You can set the multiplier to 12.5 and the bus speed to 166, and you get a very comfortable 2.1ghz without stressing out the pci or agp buses.....

KonaMonkey02

Jul 31, 2003
Im sorry I dont quite understand that last relpy..... is that to cut the bridges or to change the muliplier some other way?

chocoruacal

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2002
Originally posted by: KonaMonkey02
Im sorry I dont quite understand that last relpy..... is that to cut the bridges or to change the muliplier some other way?

Then you're not ready to do it, and you're no where near ready to start overclocking. Do some research first...in this forum and check out www.amdmb.com...they'll have a forum specifically for Gigabyte boards, and their Overclocking forum has links for newbies. While doing your own research you'll come across links like this:

Interactive Athlon T-bred pin guide.

...which will show you different ways of manipulating your chip for higher multis. Of course, you might find in speaking with other "7AX" owners that the board just plain won't do it. I had one of the first revisions of the 7vaxp board, and it wouldn't adjust the multis no matter what I did.

KonaMonkey02

Jul 31, 2003
yea, I wasnt planning on doing that bridge cutting thing... I figure if thats the only way to overclock on this MB, ill get a Nforce board that has a Muliplier setting in the bios..... always good to have more than 1 comp :)...
Thanks for all the help everyone!!!