Giants: Citizen kabuto, its worth a try!

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
This game is pretty old, it came out in 2000 and i had a playthrough again yesterday and to my amazement it actually worked on vista x64 straight from the CD without a patch at all. Amazing, no old game ever works without a patch usually. So if you havent played this game give it a go! Its really fun and adds humor to the mix as well.

Basically its a third person shooter that you can fly in (its easy to fly and play, just the mouse and arrow keys is all thats needed really) Theres 3 campaigns, each with a different character with different abilities, the first one you play as a "mecc" they fly with jetpacks and are trying to go on holiday to planet majorca but stuff happens etc etc, second campaign is a topless girl who can fly too but differently, last one is kabuto, the big huge monster guy who cant fly but he can sprint and is so big he dosent need to fly. Theres RTS elements as well, but they dont come into play too much and theyre pretty easy anyways, RTS is basically building a base and rushing to get a helicopter (or jetski for sea reapers, kabuto dosent build a base). It was a lot of fun on multiplayer but i dont know if anyone plays it anymore, it wasent too popular for some reason.

Metacritic

Wiki

EDIT: I would put this into the same category as american mcgees alice or the older c&c's, its old but it still works and is a lot of fun if you havent tried it.

Jakeisbest

Feb 1, 2008
I remember playing this game it was really fun during its time. Two main races which have to build a city to acquire different types of weapons, try to kill each other, and Kabuto, which runs around stomping people and destroying their cities!

Usually servers would allow for like 3 humans, 3 Zoras, and 1 Kabuto! But the graphics are really old looking today and I would guess there are almost no servers still up and running this dated game.

Liet

Golden Member
Jun 9, 2001
It really was a special game. Trust me, I'm a bitter old jaded gamer, and I still remember this game as a breath of fresh air. :)

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
It was interesting, that's for sure. I think it could be turned into an excellent game, but fell short of the mark as it was. I still enjoyed playing through it, and each side offered a unique experience.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Originally posted by: Maleficus
No it's not.

Hmm you dont like beer or giants citizen kabuto. Sucks to be you heh :p

Glad to see some other people liked this game, i felt it was worth mentioning since it actually worked on the first go with no bugs or anything. Im getting bluescreens in my efforts to try and play c&c RA1, shame all games dont just run problem free.

manko

Golden Member
May 27, 2001
This was an under-the-radar classic. It had great, unique multiplayer with lots of variety.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
I still have my copy around here somewhere. Funny game "Get me some bloody dinner!"

I also remember it absolutely brought my GF3Ti200 @ Ti500 speeds to it's knees and made it cry for mercy.

minmaster

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2006
yea this was an awesome game and was crazy fun on multiplayer. however it was hard to find a game.

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002
I enjoyed the game and the humor, but found it very difficult. I never even got to the part with Kabuto. Thanks for reminding me, I'll have to try to find my CD's again.

Ricochet

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
It has been awhile since I touched that game and I never got to finish it. It's one of the few games that blend FPS and RTS. The other game was Sacrifice, a personal favorite of mine. Both games were either created by Shiny or former Shiny employees. Sadly quirky titles were on the way out as PC game developers turned to tried and true fomula for success.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Hmm I have this game lying around somewhere... I don't think I ever finished it either as I believe I was on one of the Kabuto missions when I stopped for some reason.

Lumathix

Golden Member
Mar 16, 2004
Great game, lots of humor. I owned it back in the day, but during my last move I lost a bunch of that stuff. This makes me wish I hadn't.