Giant spider shuts down school in London

ScoobMaster

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2001
Hmmmm, how many hit-dice does a giant spider have again? I will have to consult the monster manual!

Nevermind - get a 7th level wizard to fireball that sucker!

(Yes - I AM an aging 30-something former AD&D geek! ;) )

Syrch

Diamond Member
May 21, 2004
I'm guessing there are venomous spiders in london? I remember seeing spiders while in high school but we never got sent home..

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Syrch
I'm guessing there are venomous spiders in london? I remember seeing spiders while in high school but we never got sent home..

I remember hearing something about how they found a nest of some venemous spiders under the palace, or some other piece of royal property. They were endangered though, so they weren't able to just go in and exterminate them. :p

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
What a wonderful idea! Instead of capturing and killing the spider, let's fog the entire building with toxic chemicals... which are probably more dangerous than the spider ever was... lol

:roll::roll::roll::roll:

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: ScoobMaster
Hmmmm, how many hit-dice does a giant spider have again? I will have to consult the monster manual!

Giant spiders are 2 hit die monsters... they're a staple of first level dungeons...along with Giant Rats, and goblins....

blakeatwork

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: ScoobMaster

Har,... once a member, ALWAYS a member... :D

Ontopic: If Syringer had killed the damn thing the first time, it wouldn't have gotten loose..

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Damn it I went looking for the technical term of the reaction the artical talks about (it's a sustained rotting of the flesh around the bite). After I saw a couple of pictures I gave up my search :( .

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: AyashiKaibutsu
Damn it I went looking for the technical term of the reaction the artical talks about (it's a sustained rotting of the flesh around the bite). After I saw a couple of pictures I gave up my search :( .
Necrosis?

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
HAHAHA. It came as no surprise Syringer was all over this thread without even being here. :D

JDub02

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2002
RRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

or leisurely walk.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Howard
Originally posted by: AyashiKaibutsu
Necrosis?

That sounds right :D

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Syrch

Hell....when I was little, I went to school in California. You could see Black Widows nesting underneath the overhangs, above where we ate lunch outside. Not only weren't we sent home, I don't think anyone was ever sent to exterminate them. This was Orange County, btw.