Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2

biff 24 2000

Jun 1, 2005
i have played the online demo and enjoyed it for the most part, the feel of the game is just about the same as the first one. odds are i will get it sometime.

Ruger22C

Golden Member
Sep 22, 2006
Difficulty insane? That's Why I love it. I play GR:AW on Hardcore (the hardest) setting. :)

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
I'll probably wait for the reception. Still, pissed I bought Graw 1 for full price when it dropped to $30 just 2 months later. It was a great game, but what a rip...

fire400

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Ruger22C
Difficulty insane? That's Why I love it. I play GR:AW on Hardcore (the hardest) setting. :)

... GRAW:1? The game is no joke.

marmasatt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003

It is no joke. Hard as hell I thought, until you get used to it. I don't really like tactical shooters either but this was pretty good. I'm selling DVD version if anyone is interested. (Never miss an opportunity to pimp out your wares :D)

kainlongshot

May 18, 2007
I liked GRAW1 in concept. It was a great game in my opinion and the difficulty I think is justified in a way because of its realism. However I did not like the fact of how the game played. No matter how good you are, no matter how well trained at coverage, troop coordination, etc. you are going to get shot and more than likely one of your team mates is going to bite the dust, worst it could be you buying the farm instead. Then what? You memorize where the guy is, reload the game, reset your tactics and give it a go. It just felt repetitious. Kill a guy, get killed, memorize where he is, reload save point, repeat . . . until mission is complete. I never really felt my use of tactics was really necessary because my initial approach tended to be wrong the first time. Its like watching a movie and knowing the ending. Only to watch the movie again and expect a new ending. That just doesn't sound like fun to me. . .

But I guess AI can't be all perfect otherwise why would we have multiplayer, right?

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
Okay. I bought the first one last night. Crashed to desktop after the initial splash screen, so I autoupdated the Creative sound drivers, and it finally loaded.
Here is my issue. It's downright slow, (not the movements), my system is chugging. I have an Athlon 64 3000, a GeForce 6800GS unlocked, and 2GB of ram, and it's dying.
I can run COD2 almost maxed out, and FS9 the same.
And GRAW is running at 800x600 with Antitrospic (sp?) off.
That and the tactical map pisses me off. I move the mouse, and it's like playing MonkeyBall or Marble Madness. It's like someone else is fighting for control of the pointer. How am I supposed to rapidly fire off orders?
Argh.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Looks like Santa Clause the Upgrade Man may need to come a little early.

Matt2

Diamond Member
Jul 28, 2001
Who's buying GR:AW 2 when it comes out?

www.ruger22c.com/GRAW2_2.jpg

Who already beat it 4 months ago when it came out?

Me.

fjorner

Oct 4, 2000
anybody know if the same copy/key of the game can be used more than once on a single server? Cooperative mode is tempting but not at 2x the cost.

MarcVenice

Moderator Emeritus <br>
Apr 2, 2007
I'm reviewing that game, so I'm not buying it, that's for sure ;)

Demo ran fine on my PC though, which was with a 7600gs back when I played the MP demo. Probably with my single core cpu too.

fjorner

Oct 4, 2000
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: Matt2

Me.

GRAW 2 TWO! DOS! ZWEI! DEUX!

Or, he's talking about the totally different console version and he's in the wrong forum.

Or, he's some sort of beta snob.

videopho

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2005
Originally posted by: MyStupidMouth
Meh the 360 demo was way better. gonna pass for now.

That's where I'm playing, 360, not even at my semi-kickbutt rig.
I've learned my lesson from the original pc's GRAW and I'm not going to make my mistake twice.
The PC version is a Ubisoft's afterthought to rip-off pc gamers.
The 360's version is simply awesome!

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: fjorner
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: Matt2

Me.

GRAW 2 TWO! DOS! ZWEI! DEUX!

Or, he's talking about the totally different console version and he's in the wrong forum.

Or, he's some sort of beta snob.

or a hook-handed, peg-legged, parrot-loving sailor.