Ghost armor damaged my iphone 5

zaydq

Jul 8, 2012
Hey all,

I have a predicament. I took my iphone 5 to ghost armor today and had them install a full body clear skin. I left my phone off for most of the day since i figured it's be safer. I just turned my phone on 2 hours ago and to my discontent, there was a severe amount of blue on the left side of the screen. I put the phone on a heating vent and just now i turned it on and there is a white line of about 1cm where it is brighter...

Is there a solution to fixing this? I want to go and kill the kid at the kiosk but i know it won't get me far...

The irony of all this is i pay for them to install PROTECTION for my screen and they return a phone with a damaged screen.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
I wouldn't be putting it near any heating vent if I were you. In a bag of dry rice on the other hand may be of some useful help.

Mopetar

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
Take it back to them and tell them that they screwed up your phone. It's probably not the first time that it's happened.

Bman123

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2008
This is why I won't let the idiots at any kiosk touch my phone, good luck getting anything out of this, I'm sure it wont be easy

thecapsaicinkid

Nov 30, 2012
Why are you asking people on the internet want to do? Stop messing around with it and go back to the people that damaged it asap.

zaydq

Jul 8, 2012
Took it back and threw a fit. They simply said "uh... We dont use enough to damage any device..." And promptly pointed at their stupid sign waiving any responsibility.

Ravynmagi

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2007
Took it back and threw a fit. They simply said "uh... We dont use enough to damage any device..." And promptly pointed at their stupid sign waiving any responsibility.

This almost sounds like one of those stories the local TV news like to report in their consumer advocate type story segments...

compman25

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2006

Those signs are only for stupid people who don't know their rights, they don't waive the companies right for responsibility if they damage your phone. They just hope you see it, believe it and move on.

Anonemous

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
If you get nowhere with the company, call up the Credit Card company if its under warranty/protection. (if you used it to purchase the skin/phone)

zaydq

Jul 8, 2012
Called the 800 number and got the store owner to call me back. Seeing him tomorrow to show him the phone. I didnt bother staying longer at the booth since a teenaged kid isnt going to do much. Will post with an update... Good thing the apple store is right next to them because im not leaving without a new device.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Called the 800 number and got the store owner to call me back. Seeing him tomorrow to show him the phone. I didnt bother staying longer at the booth since a teenaged kid isnt going to do much. Will post with an update... Good thing the apple store is right next to them because im not leaving without a new device.

Well I hope two things happen here. One is you get it replaced free of charge and secondly you never trust others with your $650 phone.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Well I hope two things happen here. One is you get it replaced free of charge and secondly you never trust others with your $650 phone.

What's wrong with paying someone to do something for you? Those people messed it up and they should remedy the issue.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
What's wrong with paying someone to do something for you? Those people messed it up and they should remedy the issue.

I dunno if I'd trust some spotty teenager in a booth with my new phone.
I also wouldn't trust them to rectify things if everything goes tits up.

MarkLuvsCS

Jun 13, 2004
Just out of curiosity, do you guys think the estimated 24 dry periods for screen protectors like this are just the vendors way of being overly cautious or necessary?

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
Just out of curiosity, do you guys think the estimated 24 dry periods for screen protectors like this are just the vendors way of being overly cautious or necessary?

yes. with every wet application i've done, i just squeegee the excess out into a towel, let it sit for 15-20 minutes, and start using it. the screen is still a bit blurry but that clears up over the next 24 hours.

jaedaliu

Platinum Member
Feb 25, 2005

I've never waited more than 15 minutes.

That being said, I haven't put a skin on any of my screens for quite a while. The gorilla glass or whatever is used these days are quite scratch resistant.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
I dunno if I would ever take my expensive phone to a service provider that waives all responsibility...

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
I've never waited more than 15 minutes.

That being said, I haven't put a skin on any of my screens for quite a while. The gorilla glass or whatever is used these days are quite scratch resistant.

Yeah, I've been carrying my Optimus G in my pocket for a few months with no screen protector and no issues. Most skins/cases/whatever are fugly.

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
Thank you for letting me know the risk. I will keep an eye on my Nexus 4 later today when I go there to re-do the sides. They did it right the front and the back, but the sides are total fail. What should I look, for possible mishandling of the person who applies the sheet?