GF4 4400, How can i check the tempreture.

rossco

Jul 10, 2002
Hi there i didnt know whether this was a cooling issue or a video. So if it in the wrong forum i appologise in advance.

I have a gainward GS GF4 4400, IT is running along really well. It is running at 305/650 at the moment. I have no artifacts or anything and i think it would go higher, but i am quite happy with its performance at the moment.

My question is, i have VIA monitor to measure my mobo and cpu temps, is there anyway to measure my gpu temps. Just to check i am not cooking the card or anything.

The rest of my system is a 1ghz amd with 512meg ram running on win98se.

I have had a few crashes in games like Morrowind (which is generally unstable). Not many admitedly, but when it crashes the machine just hangs and the screen freezes, the only way to get it going again is to power off at the wall. Is this an overclock problem from my graphics card or another hardware/software problem?

Thanks guys

Rossco

rossco

Jul 10, 2002
I know this is not the most interesting of posts but still, does anyone know??

Thanks

sep

Platinum Member
Aug 1, 2001
If the only thing being overclocked is the video card then set it back to the norm and test. If you get locking then it might be something else. This is usally the way to determine if it's a result of overclocking.

I do notice that If I overclock my PC, any oc, some of my games lock. Also if the memory if oc to much then I get locks.

Good luck!