Gf2 gts causing spikes in d3d games ??!!!

enginekhaled

May 31, 2002
,,, i see glitches in the form of spikes evrywhere in some direct 3d games ,,,under windows xp professional ,,, games like comanche 4 and gta 3 and madonion 3dmark 2001 (max payne scene)

i don't know how to get rid of them ,,, i tried disable the sync in direct 3d and downclock the speed of the core and memory of my geforce 2 gts 32 mb by asus v7700...nothing happens ,, taking into consideration that i have direct x 8.1 and detenator xp 28.32 for Xp pro

ps: i have tried to change the dirvers using older detenator xp drivers with windows xp pro ,,, and nothing has changed ,,, tell u what ,, i even remember that i saw those spikes in comanche under windows 89 ,,, what's wrong ,, is it the hardware ,, i still didn't overclock anything in th pc ,, all at stock clock ,,, even the memory at cl2.5 ,.. no fast timing or cashing ,,, please help me if u can ,,
any help will be appretiated ,, thanks alot

dbal

Dec 6, 2001
www.facebook.com
Originally posted by: enginekhaled
i tried disable the sync in direct 3d

Within the drivers' display settings tab? Do u have the option to control vsync in D3D under 28.32 (on,off and auto right?) Or by using an external utility? (Riva tuner etc.)

P.S: Please define the spikes thing if u can....

enginekhaled

May 31, 2002
okay ,, i used power strip to control the sync on and off ,, and sometimes from the game itself like gta3....about the spikes ,,, they r glitches in the form of spikes ,,ummm some sharp shapes... u know like a man with so many needles coming out of his body ,, some times i see deformation in the texures ,,some nonsence texured shapes ....i beleive it has something to do with the refresh rate or sync ...and ofcourse overclocking ,,, or fast timings for memory ,, and not a single thing of these ,, is enabled ,,, i even tried to deonclock the core and the memory of my geforce 2 gts below the stock clock ,,,, and it didn't solve the problem ,,, please help ,me ,,, any help would be appretiated ,, thanks for ur co-operation

khaled

enginekhaled

May 31, 2002
oh i forgot something else ,,, detenator xp 28.32 doesn't have any conreol on sync in d3d settings ,,,
something else i noticed ,, in the desktop ,, i see some pixels that have different colors from the surrounding pixels ,, for example ,, the bless wallpaper in windows XP professional ,, ther is a big blue sky ,,, there is few red , green and other colored pixels in the blue sky that should be colored in blues to match the surrounding pixels ,, smoothely ,,

--------------------
p4 1.8 GHz 256 kb ,,,
256 mb pc2700 ddr333 cl2 corsair
agp apperature 128
msi 645 ultra
asus v7700 geforce 2 gts 32mb pure ( stock clock)

ShadowDJ

Mar 6, 2002
I've heard of this a few times as a symptom of heat when overclocking a video card. Is the heatsink/fan seated right and does it have good enough thermal paste or epoxy? I would be inclined possibly to just spend $7 and pick up a blue orb. Hope that helps.