Getting the US out of the UN

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Linkage

H.R.1146
Title: To end membership of the United States in the United Nations.
Sponsor: Rep Paul, Ron [TX-14] (introduced 3/6/2003) Cosponsors: 12

We need more congressmen like Ron Paul.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
You really hate the UN, don't you?:Q

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
Why not just get the UN out of the U.S.? Just think of all the money we could make renting out that property!:Q

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
If we weren't in the UN we could invade countries at will without having to make up all these pesky excuses.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
We do.

We definitely have to eliminate diplomatic relations with everyone else, and removing ourselves from the primary access to that would be achieved by this resolution. Now we need to close the borders, and eliminate trade too. There is no reason a massive fence cannot be built across both north and south to keep foreigners out too. America- by, of and for Americans. Good ole Ron Paul. Screw those foreigners.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: flavio
If we weren't in the UN we could invade countries at will without having to make up all these pesky excuses.

YOu realize the only country that has asked the UN permission to go to war is the US. Every other security council member has gone to war without even asking...

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002

LOL! The UN can't enforce its own policy's for christ's sakes. I also vote for taking U.S related out of the UN. As you may know the majority of the Armed Forces of the UN are the US's Military. They complain and bicker about how bitchy we are, well lets see how well they can do without us. They don't want us thier anyway.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider
We do.

We definitely have to eliminate diplomatic relations with everyone else, and removing ourselves from the primary access to that would be achieved by this resolution. Now we need to close the borders, and eliminate trade too. There is no reason a massive fence cannot be built across both north and south to keep foreigners out too. America- by, of and for Americans. Good ole Ron Paul. Screw those foreigners.

Leaving the UN does not close diplomatic ties.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: charrison

YOu realize the only country that has asked the UN permission to go to war is the US. Every other security council member has gone to war without even asking...

...and we didn't listen. Since all the excuses we made up look so ridiculous now I assuming you'd like to skip that step in the future?

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

...and we didn't listen. Since all the excuses we made up look so ridiculous now I assuming you'd like to skip that step in the future?

When it comes to issues of national security the UN need not even make into the discussion.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

When it comes to issues of national security the UN need not even make into the discussion.

I wasn't talking about national security, I was talking about invading Iraq.

AnImuS

Sep 28, 2001

I would... The point of having the UN is for all countries to come together... Why should the US be the only one doing this? cause where the only superpower? that excuse is getting old...

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

Last time I checked there are a couple of al queda in northern iraq that no longer exist. Several international terrorist have been picked up in Iraq. This is enough reason for me.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
We do.

No, and trading in your car for a skateboard does not leave you without transportation. Virtually every country is in one place, interacting with each other, for good or ill. If you want to address or confer with 20 countries, you can. Now you have to get 20 representatives together, and how long will that take? More importantly perhaps is what we do not hear discussed between other countries. Being in the UN offers tremendous intel opportunities. All gone.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
We do.

No, and trading in your car for a skateboard does not leave you without transportation. Virtually every country is in one place, interacting with each other, for good or ill. If you want to address or confer with 20 countries, you can. Now you have to get 20 representatives together, and how long will that take? More importantly perhaps is what we do not hear discussed between other countries. Being in the UN offers tremendous intel opportunities. All gone.

I am not apposed to having a large embassy to house representatives from other countries.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

Last time I checked there are a couple of al queda in northern iraq that no longer exist. Several international terrorist have been picked up in Iraq. This is enough reason for me.

You're pretty easily pleased. If that's all it takes then we should be invading the whole world. I bet we could find a couple al queada and other terrorists hiding out in England if we started with them.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

You're pretty easily pleased. If that's all it takes then we should be invading the whole world. I bet we could find a couple al queada and other terrorists hiding out in England if we started with them.

But you forget, England would have glady turned them over. But i guess you missed that not so subtle difference.

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Let's invade France too, they're still aiding and abetting the elaborate terrorist network that is ROMAN POLANKSI. Plus I heard they have some moldy cheese that smells really bad if you put it in a missile.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

But you forget, England would have glady turned them over. But i guess you missed that not so subtle difference.

You said finding a couple al queda and several international terrorists was reason enough. We could do that by invading and occupying many countries.

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
Paris would be a great place for the UN to move to. Or Chechnya.....or even Baghdad. Any of these countries could use a boost in the dining, drinking and prostitution industries.

Zrom999

Banned
Apr 13, 2003
Originally posted by: ViRGE
You really hate the UN, don't you?:Q

Only because they are inept organization. The UN at the very least needs to be restructured.

I agree, removing the US will make the UN less inept.