Getting S100 Elph Cam to work on Tecra 700CT Laptop?

srvblues00

May 4, 2001
I have a old POS Toshiba Tecra 700CT laptop, and I am trying to get my Canon S100 Elph working with it. The laptop does not have a USB port(s). I bought a PNY PCMCIA flash card reader, but the images that I can download from it are all corrupted and the colors are messed up, etc etc. I have tried using the card reader with win95 and win98, but neither work right. What are some other things I could do? What other options do I have? This laptop works ok for me (I rarely use it or need it), and I really don't want to have to buy a new one in order to download images from the cam. Thanks!

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
thats odd that it wont read the pc card reader. maybe its incompatible for some reason. i guess you'll have to get a paralel port cf reader. or the optional serial cable for the s100

srvblues00

May 4, 2001

<< thats odd that it wont read the pc card reader. maybe its incompatible for some reason. i guess you'll have to get a paralel port cf reader. or the optional serial cable for the s100 >>

Do you think that the card reader that I have is bad? Do you think it's worth trying a different reader?

I didn't know that Canon had a serial compatible cable.. I have never seen one, where can I get one? I know that would work.. I have used serial cams before.

Thanks!

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
well i have an s100 also, and i know they sell a serial one, it just doesnt come with it. A parallel reader will work they are like $25. its possible your cf thing is broken, as my friend used his CF adapter on an ancient ibm 770 laptop (p133) and it still worked. but its unlikely , id give that a shot though