Getting RAM to ran at 3200MT/s on Ryzen 3700X

Hi-Fi Man

Oct 19, 2013
For some reason I cannot get my RAM (2x16GiB dual ranked Micron E die) to run at 3,200MT/s on my ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard (latest firmware). I've tried everything; but every time I think it's stable one of two things happens, some random program will crash or the system will freeze; usually while idle or running a Unity game (WHY?). Everything is running stock besides XMP loaded settings. I've tried manually tuning timings but the same thing happens. Weird thing is none of the memory test programs have been able to identify anything wrong; I've tried Google stressapptest and HCI memtest.

I'm really at a loss here as the board supposedly supports 3,200MT/s and obviously the CPU does, but I still can't get things stable. Crappy motherboard, perhaps?

Hi-Fi Man

Oct 19, 2013
I think I found the cause! Eco-mode; this is a feature that enforces a 45W TDP limit on the CPU. I turned it off right after the original post and haven't had a crash since.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I think I found the cause! Eco-mode; this is a feature that enforces a 45W TDP limit on the CPU. I turned it off right after the original post and haven't had a crash since.
Thanks for posting back with the answer. It is always helpful to others searching the same issue.