Getting myself an Electric Toothbrush

Al Neri

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2002
recomendations??? include price as a factor, I assume range from $0 to ~120...

mad0maxx

Feb 3, 2006
I got the Oral B Triumph... 120 dollars worth and I think it was well worth it... I use to have bad breath but after brushing with the Oral B Triumph bad breath all gone! I use to think what could such an exspensive toothbrush do that I can not do manually... what you find out is that it can do alot better job then your hand alone!

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
My dentist recommends Sonicare elite series. He used to sell Rota-dent, but now says the sonic aspect is more helpful. I've used the Rota-dent for years but I don't know if it actually works better than others. Both around $100.

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
I had a Sonicare and loved it....until it died after about 14 months.

I went back to manual for awhile after that.

I recently purchased the $20 Oral-B Vitality.. I think it does a great job for a cheap, rechargeable brush. You can also get 3 different heads for it. I'm currently just using the default Precision Clean (round) brush.

TXHokie

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 1999
I used Sonicare as recommended by my dental hygienist. Since I've started using it, my 6 months cleaning at the dentist have been less work for the hygienist since the brush really knock off any tartar from accumulating so less scraping at the gum level (or so she says). It's definitely a lot easier brushing with those odd angles brushing manually. With the Sonicare I just have to put the brush head in the right location and let it do its thing.

scott916

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2005
The base model Sonicare can be had at WalMart for 55 bucks. I've had an older model for years, always loved it.