Getting my windows tinted on my 4 door Sedan.....

cavemanmoron

Lifer
Mar 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Syringer
Black paint ftw.

Don't tint the glass FTW.

Much safer when driving at night,
and the Police won't hassle you, for the too dark tint, thats used too often. ;)

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
I paid $200 a couple weeks ago for metallic tint with a lifetime warranty.

makaze

Nov 14, 2005
I paid 150 for mine.. ours offered a voucher for 50 bucks in case you get pulled over.

I had my tint removed, and inspected the next day, and dropped it back off to be re-tinted :) all covered under that original 50 bucks.. so all in all I had two tint jobs and a removal for 200 bucks.

too bad the state i may be moving to i'll have to get it removed again..

OrganizedChaos

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2002
PSA: if they don't give you a reciept its probably not legal.
PSA2: keep said reciept. it'll make it easier to argue with the magistrate over what the cops tint meter says.

shoRunner

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 2004
go some where that offers a lifetime warranty on their work and the tint, and depending on the size probably around $200 or less.

CTrain

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2001
Getting window tinted is like a catch 22.

You want to get it darker so it looks better.
You want a life time warranty.
But to get it darker, its illegal so they won't give you a receipt for the life time warranty.

I'd say 15% is about perfect although thats illegal in most states.

WildHorse

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2003
You don't say where you are, but caution if you're in Calif.

California HIghway Patrol made me take the tint off my front side windows. Illegal here.

Anonemous

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: scott

California HIghway Patrol made me take the tint off my front side windows. Illegal here.

yea, but yet I see ppl on the freeways with heavily tinted front side windows/windshields...

jamesbond007

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
Wow, tint jobs are pretty cheap where you all are. :p I got some quotes for my car (03 Neon, 4dr+front windshield+rear windshield) and every place I went to was ~$300 +/-$50 with a lifetime warranty.

I think 50% looks good - dark enough to keep a NICE amount of heat out in the summer, but not too much to where it screws with your nighttime driving ability.

cardiac

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I paid $350 to have my wagon done here in Indiana, and it did come with a lifetime warranty. Lotsa windows, too...., but it does have a lot more window area than most cars.....

Bob

Feb 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Anonemous

yea, but yet I see ppl on the freeways with heavily tinted front side windows/windshields...

I tinted my front side window, but its a very light tint. 30% supposedly. You can only tell if you put it heads up against another window. But since my back windows are at 50% tint, there's a clear distinction between front and back, so no one thinks my front windows are tinted =)

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Originally posted by: DLeRium
Originally posted by: Anonemous

I tinted my front side window, but its a very light tint. 30% supposedly. You can only tell if you put it heads up against another window. But since my back windows are at 50% tint, there's a clear distinction between front and back, so no one thinks my front windows are tinted =)
Or you can pull the ricer trick and roll down your fronts before the cop has chance to get a good look at it;)