Getting married in 3 weeks, need help with deciding engraving on ring "Now with pic"

optoman

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 1999
The time is almost here and I can't decide what to get engraved on the inside of her wedding band. My first was to have "Always" and then maybe the date. There isn't much room on the inside since it has seven diamonds in it.

Does anyone think "Always" is too corny?

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
make it in latin and it won't be. sempre. or is it semper. look at a marine corps bumper sticker and find out.

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Congrats!

Need a classical guitarist to play Rush tunes for the ceremony? ;)

Jfur

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2001
Originally posted by: optoman
The time is almost here and I can't decide what to get engraved on the inside of her wedding band. My first was to have "Always" and then maybe the date. There isn't much room on the inside since it has seven diamonds in it.

Does anyone think "Always" is too corny?

actually, that would appeal to most women :) it's short, sweet and sounds sincere.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
How do you say in Latin: When we divorce, I get to keep all my tools and the truck? ;) Good luck to you.

optoman

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 1999
Thanks for the offer Mucman, but she wouldn't go for it. I dragged her to the concert and she liked it but I wouldn't tempt fate.

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000
How about... Owned

Sorry... it had to be said. I heard a story where a guy engraved the word "Hooked" on the engagement ring, and the word "Landed" on the wedding band.

Seriously though... Maybe something like "Steadfast Love", in Latin.

Ryan

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: optoman
Thanks for the offer Mucman, but she wouldn't go for it. I dragged her to the concert and she liked it but I wouldn't tempt fate.

You got a human of the female persuasion to go see Rush with you!

:Q

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
You could put her AT Profile ID number.....

On a serious note, something short and in latin would be nice. Sounds sincere and it makes it easy on the cops to ID if anything ever happens to it.

-PAB

optoman

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 1999
Originally posted by: PsychoAndy
You could put her AT Profile ID number.....

On a serious note, something short and in latin would be nice. Sounds sincere and it makes it easy on the cops to ID if anything ever happens to it.

-PAB

She doesn't frequent the boards since I kind of keep them a secret. She thinks it just about computers and such. I am liking the Latin thing. I'll look into it more.

optoman

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 1999
Picture of the ring.

You can see that there isn't much room on the band because of the diamonds and there's also some stamped marks in the inside of the ring that take up another 10% of the band.

freakflag

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2001
How about "Now get in the kitchen and make me a pot pie!"

Hmmm...might be a little long...

Sealy

Platinum Member
Aug 4, 2002

Does anyone think "Always" is too corny?[/quote]

How about always and a day!;)

TNTrulez

Banned
Aug 3, 2001
"One ring to rule them" all in Elvish.

Remember the stuff inside the ring in lords of the ring? Screen capture it and bring that picture to the engraving place. =)

TNTrulez

Banned
Aug 3, 2001
Originally posted by: rgwalt
How about... Owned

Sorry... it had to be said. I heard a story where a guy engraved the word "Hooked" on the engagement ring, and the word "Landed" on the wedding band.

Seriously though... Maybe something like "Steadfast Love", in Latin.

Ryan

0wn3d, owned in latin, or maybe 1337 =)