getting magazines i never subscribed to

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
so about 6 months ago i started getting rolling stone magazine

then last month, i started getting some CBS magazine , i think it is called Watch! or something

i didn't sign up for them and occasionally wonder if some person on OT did it for a prank or if it is a weird internet scam or something else

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
They send out free magazines to get more viewers, which means they can charge more for ads. And if they are lucky, you'll start subscribing for some stupid reason.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Bah, they sent you the wrong ones. It was supposed to be Drunk Fatties and Naked Grannies. Hopefully they'll come next month.

KT

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Originally posted by: Leros
They send out free magazines to get more viewers, which means they can charge more for ads. And if they are lucky, you'll start subscribing for some stupid reason.

so they get names/addresses from the same mailing lists as all my other junk mail?

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
I received Field and Stream for at least three years. I never subscribed to it and I don't hunt or fish.

Steve

Lifer
May 2, 2004
www.chicagopipeband.com
I started inexplicably getting Flying magazine. After three issues, I got a bill. I called and asked why I was getting it, and was told that the first three issues were a free gift from my membership at eHarmony.com. Guess I got two things to cancel.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Originally posted by: FoBoT
Originally posted by: Leros

so they get names/addresses from the same mailing lists as all my other junk mail?

I honestly have no idea. Thats just my theory.