Getting laid off....Can I roll my measly pension into my 401K?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mrblotto

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2007
There shouldn't be a taxable impact if you're rolling the cash balance pension into a Rollover IRA. There wasn't when I did it, anyway.

Bummer to hear that you took that 2U server to the dump. Someone here would have taken it off of your hands in the FS forum :)

I have a bunch of other stuff I'm prolly just not gonna take with me. It's a pita tho to put it up for sale, then peeps dont show, shipping sucks, et al.

Maybe if someone is around Raleigh gimme a PM and I'll see what I have to get rid of/donate/toss

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I have a bunch of other stuff I'm prolly just not gonna take with me. It's a pita tho to put it up for sale, then peeps dont show, shipping sucks, et al.

Maybe if someone is around Raleigh gimme a PM and I'll see what I have to get rid of/donate/toss

hell...I'll be heading that way tomorrow :D

but no, I have no room for anything. not really.

Nov 8, 2012

Sell via Facebook / Craigslist

In person only. Cash / Verified paypal only.

mrblotto

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2007
Sell via Facebook / Craigslist

In person only. Cash / Verified paypal only.

Nah, not worth it. It's stuff like: and old jigsaw that still works, an Auzentech Prelude PCI card, a few 2.5" SAS HD's, junk like that. No way anyone will pay for that stuff. At any rate, this is going offtopic. I dont wish to derail the thread. As of now, no one is allowed 'on site' for any reason except 'essential personnel'. I have a bunch of personal stuff to pick up (monitors, speakers, USB HD's, a guitar lol). Stoopid Virus!

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I can't imagine selling a house would be easy right now either. Who wants to be going into everyone's homes and who really wants to let them? Even agents were deemed non-essential here.

Recent attempts at schooling kids remotely have me rethinking the 14k in school taxes alone here. Perfect excuse to escape this tax hell. It's not funny anymore.

Sorry for your circumstances. Hope it all trends upwards for you soon.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Nah, not worth it. It's stuff like: and old jigsaw that still works, an Auzentech Prelude PCI card, a few 2.5" SAS HD's, junk like that. No way anyone will pay for that stuff. At any rate, this is going offtopic. I dont wish to derail the thread. As of now, no one is allowed 'on site' for any reason except 'essential personnel'. I have a bunch of personal stuff to pick up (monitors, speakers, USB HD's, a guitar lol). Stoopid Virus!

Don't forget that we have a For Sale forum here. If you're just looking to get rid of stuff, I'm sure that the folks here would be willing to pay for your shipping costs.