Getting harassed by a bastard cause I ended my auction early!

Hawk

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2000
Grrr...I ended my auction for a Sony CDRW drive because someone offered me the price I was asking for (I put "if you want to offer this much, e-mail me and I'll end the auction" at the end of my description. He gonna get the Egay police on me and have the high bidder leave negative feedback, saying it's not right, blah blah. Yes, I was stupid and didn't cancel that one last bid (the remaining guy doesn't have super good feedback), but I don't need this moron telling me what's not right. Egbay wouldn't let sellers end auctions early if they aren't supposed to do it, right? Grr...

Sorry, now please go back to your regular scheduled reading of the off topic threads. =)

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000
I thought Egay has a new option called "Buy Now" where if you (the seller) sets a price and someone offers that to you then you end the auction...?

loogie

Banned
Oct 18, 1999
Yeah, you shoulda used buy it now...i did that. Had an auction end in ~12 hours. ;)

Hawk

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2000
That only works when there's no bids yet, and besides, this way, there's no egay fee either...I did buy it now, just that the first guy to bid didn't buy it.

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
I don't think your problem is ending the auction early, it was not selling it to the highest bidder (on record) at the end of your auction - I think that is going to work against you since e-bay realizes you were/are trying to avoid the fees.

PhaZe

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 1999
Each transaction I do on egay seems to get a little scarier..
The first couple were easy.

Now I get alot of wierd stories of people dieing or busy lifes or wrong addresses...
hmmm I dunno =/

zbalat

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
egay is a piece of crap.
You still should have held on for more money. Hell, people pay more for used stuff on egay than they would to go to Best Buy and buy it new.