Getting good definition..

dawks

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I've been working out for about 1.5-2 hours daily now for the past 5 months.. Im slowing getting bigger, and increasing my muscle mass (key word - slowly).. But I want more definition. The way I seem to be going its something like a Worlds Strongest Man... Lots of muscle, not much definition.

But its definition I want right now.. I want the definition, then I'll work on muscle mass... So for my workouts, im doing weight, that allows me to do about 25-30 reps. The weight of course depends on the exercise. But should I lower the weight, and do more reps? Or should I increase the weight, and do fewer reps?

Also, whats some good food to eat to help increase muscle mass?

Calcio

Sep 28, 2001
sometimes it works if you put on the bulk then add the definition. Just a thought? I think it depends on your body type. Best way is to talk to a trainer. They are always a good help.

<< Also, whats some good food to eat to help increase muscle mass? >>

There are alot of protien/weight gainers on the market. Hit up your local GNC. They are pretty knowledgable.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001

<< I've been working out for about 1.5-2 hours daily now for the past 5 months.. Im slowing getting bigger, and increasing my muscle mass (key word - slowly).. But I want more definition. The way I seem to be going its something like a Worlds Strongest Man... Lots of muscle, not much definition.

But its definition I want right now.. I want the definition, then I'll work on muscle mass... So for my workouts, im doing weight, that allows me to do about 25-30 reps. The weight of course depends on the exercise. But should I lower the weight, and do more reps? Or should I increase the weight, and do fewer reps?

Also, whats some good food to eat to help increase muscle mass?
>>

For the last couple months, I've been increasing weights about once every week or two, doing a constant number of reps and sets each time... it's working well. The more you increase the weight, the more mass you'll build, and less definition. More reps, more definition.

I'm not sure what foods are good for muscle mass... I've been drinking lots of water, drinking quite a few Odwalla shakes (not that bad once you get used to them), and eating meat whenever I can... it's been working well for me.