GET STATIC WHEN I ADJUST VOLUME ON 560Z'S..FIX?

human2k

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
When I adjust my volume knob on the control box I get a loud static noise. I'm using a Sound Blaster Live 5.1 value card on WinXPSPI, rig: see sig.

ANy ideas of a fix?

thanx

Boogak

Diamond Member
Feb 2, 2000
I used to get that on my old Klipsch v2.400 control pod. IIRC, Klipsch blamed it on dust inside the pod and a temporary fix was to rapidly turn the volume knob from min to max several times to clear the dust. I ended up getting an updated version of the control pod and I haven't had the problem since. Not sure if it's the same problem affecting your Logitech speakers though, but you could give it a try...

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
I got it bad too once, just call up logitech they will send you a whole new set of speakers. You will have to send back your control pod and cut off your sub's power cord and send that too.

human2k

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
DO i need the original reciept to send it in? I kinda lost that along with the extra warranty I bought with the speakers (im too organized;)).

ericboo

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2001
Estimate the purchase date. They don't ask for a receipt and they have not been out long enough to be out of the two year warranty. I sent my controller and power cord back when my right channel failed, and now I have 8 working satellites and the extra subwoofer for parts.

drewshin

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999
edit: oops, i didnt see boogak responded as well with this :)

hi,

i posted a fix for this a few weeks ago :) and a few other people have said that it worked. i found it purely by frustration and accident.

i turned the volume up and down just back and forth, and slowly the crackling static sound started to disappear. you might want to do it with the headphones plugged in first. i was fiddling with the volume dial and holding the headphones about 3 feet away from me. i dont know if its dust or something...