Get ripped off on ebay

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

chichi

Jan 13, 2001
To Conradical:

First, there is nothing wrong with Gateway even though that guy is working at a gateway country store. :)

Second, when you have a high-end BNC-only video card, wouldn't you like to get a high-end monitor with BNC connectors to pair with it? Believe it or not, if you have a good quality of BNC cable and video adaptor, you would be able to tell the difference pretty easy.

Third, since you work at Gateway, you might wanna check the specification of VX1120. Per Gateway's webpage, that is a 2020U clone. 2040u is the successor of 2020u. They have different specification, such as resolutions, dot pitche, etc.

I hope I've answered your questions. :)

Digobick

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I would also sue him for the long distance phone charges. If he had sent you the correct item to begin with, you never would've had to pay for those long distance calls.

chichi

Jan 13, 2001
My idea is

1. the total refund.
2. long distance bills.
3. the storage fee for that monitor.
4. document fees for that lawsuit.
5. my loss if I take one day off (I am a professional who needs to work 5 days a week, 8 hours a day.)
6. Interests I lost on the amount of money.
7. travelling expenses if I have to be present in his local court.
8. Legal expenses.

Am I greedy? No. I will donate the rest to the charity or some org. that can help consumers, provide assistances on this kind of frauds.

I am not happy that I have given him time and patience. But eventually, I was made fool of just because I am too kind. That is ridiculous, isn't it?

Please give me information about inter-state lawsuit. I will let you guys know how I fight with this slug. It is not much money but I think we should fight for ourselves, if we can.