Get ready to upgrade your 939 motherboards

Panthro

May 11, 2004
I don't know if you people have read the article on the front page of Anandtech but those of you that are planning to upgrade your systems like I am and are going the AMD route, go with the AM2 motherboards because as of December 31st, 2006 the socket 939 processors will be discontinued.

EOL for 939

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
It comes down to how often you upgrade and for what purpose. Personally, I am looking forward to the upcoming price drop on AMD X2s and will happily go with S939 because by the time all the bios revisions, chipsets and options get ironed out for AM2 and Conroe it will be time to upgrade again. I prefer to let the fan boys and their doting mommys and daddys do the bleeding on the latest marginally improved hardware. Sometimes folks in these forums act like their machines are going to curl up and die as soon as Conroe ships!

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
It comes down to how often you upgrade and for what purpose.

Exactly,personally I'm happy with my dual core and 939 motherboard,not changing cpu/motherboard until quad core CPUs arrive,DirectX 10 video card is only thing next on my list at present.