Get Paid ~$65 with HP monitor @ STaples B&M

Tung

Platinum Member
Nov 7, 2000
Stolen from FW:

HP MX50 Pavilion 15" monitors are on clearance sale @ $100 at Staples B&M. These are new monitors. Here's a link for reference only.
There's a $150 rebate from HP (exp 10/14).
Apply a $15 off $75 coupon (There's a $20 off $100 coupon,but my local Staples would not take it - it only takes coupons with email headers.)
Price: $100 - $150 - $15 = -$65

FAQ:
- The coupon is legit - confirmed by HP (800-728-9665)
- The coupon covers this monitor model (MX50)
- Staples is an HP authorized reseller
- You get $150 back as long as the monitor is new (not a refurbished or demo item) and purchased from an HP authorized reseller.

Yobbo

May 21, 2002
Wow, this deal is freaking FLAMING hot!!!!!!!

I'm gonna stop by after work tomorrow and pick one up, man I hope my store has this for $100!!!!

NICE find

morkinva

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999
The language in the rebate form is troublesome:

The peripheral bundle and bonus sections are only valid in combination with section a1 or a2

edit>> nevermind, so long as you confirmed it with HP

chrisjor

Golden Member
Dec 4, 2001
If you cannot get this.........Compaq has a 150 rebate on the MV540 15" monitor with JBL Platinum speakers. My Staples is clearing them out for 150. I used 30 off 150 coupon. Get paid ~ 25 to take this monitor also!!!!!

stevenkwong

Aug 1, 2001

From what I read on the HP rebate form, it is valid.

However, good luck finding a Staples store that would sell it to you for $99.95. I can only find one store that have 1 remaining (mid-east michigan) and they won't match the original poster's (NH staples) clearance price even though they called them to confirm it.

Their price is $199 - 10% (for the floor model).

Its a really crappy monitor, and I won't touch it unless its free or less.. ;-)

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Damn! How can a city as large as Grand Rapids not have a Staples? :| I'm in the mood to spend some money today, too.

LongCoolMother

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2001
online, the price is $269 :eek: ill call up my local staples and check how much they have it for. by the way, which staples had it on clearance for $99? i might have to ask for a pricematch. thanks.

rimshaker

Dec 7, 2001
Forget about it in Orlando, FL. I've checked all stores (Staples, OM, OD, BB) and no one has the HP MX50. All everyone has is the 17" model, the mx70.

oLLie

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2001
DIFFERENT DEAL FROM THREAD TITLE DEAL, SEE chrisjor's post ABOVE

I went to the Staples in Moreno Valley and scored their last few Compaq 15" monitors (see chrisjor's post). I pricematched them to his price and used the 30 off 150 on top of that. I have the receipt scans I used to PM if anyone wants them. Keep in mind 30 off 150 coupon expires tomorrow and the monitors (Item: 438314) are very hard to find besides the ones used as display models. GOOD LUCK, THIS IS HOT!!!
Cost to me: $150 - $30 coupon + $9 tax - $150 MIR = $20 in my pocket!

Ollie

*edit* THANKS chrisjor!

Johnbear007

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2002
Originally posted by: Gaard
Damn! How can a city as large as Grand Rapids not have a Staples? :| I'm in the mood to spend some money today, too.

Sometimes GR just sux... I used to live in muskegon, and was all excited to move here, but the city just feels old, used up, dirty, and lame..... hmmmm reminds me of muskegon.......

Apr 5, 2000
Not to discourage anyone but most of the stores I know of RTV'ed their Compaq/HP inventory back in January or whenever it was they started carrying only BTO. (Now they carry the occasional computer package) Of course it varies by store/region so don't let me discourage you from checking

oLLie

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
Not to discourage anyone but most of the stores I know of RTV'ed their Compaq/HP inventory back in January or whenever it was they started carrying only BTO. (Now they carry the occasional computer package) Of course it varies by store/region so don't let me discourage you from checking

True, that's why I had to drive to Moreno Valley from Westminster :(

*edit* dude8604 I tried forwarding the email to you (had to do it through the link they provided, hope it works). Anyone else want it just email me and I'll try to forward it to you too) It took me a while to receive it though when I tested it :(

chrisjor

Golden Member
Dec 4, 2001
I was able to get 2 MV540 (sorry...I incorrectly named the Compaq monitor in my earlier post) from my local Staples stores. Sweet for hooking up as 2nd monitor on Radeon and Nvidia cards........would love a good quality, inexpensive KVM switch though!!!

I think we are starting to see the end of the 15" monitors.

I will say...they are a lot nicer looking than those HP monitors and come with a set of JBL Platinum speakers which you can hook to side of monitor or stand alone. They have an independent input for MP3 player or other audio source. But any free monitor is a good monitor!!!!!

I was also able to get 2 Compaq FS740 monitors (Flat Screen 17" w/JBL Speakers) for around $49.99 + tax. These are being replaced by the FS7550? and are being cleared out at a lot of stores (Circuit City, HH Gregg, Staples, Office Depot) for between $199 - $249 with $150 mir. A little creative price matching and coupon use could score you a free/49.99 FS740. I have seen this posted several times...... thanks to my good buddy Tanner (what's up dood!!!!!!!!!) for turning me on to them!!!

MrCodeDude

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Wow, what a great money maker + I get a free monitor..
Although, my Staples is known for never having anything in stock :(
-- mrcodedude

Lars

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2001
No Staples in Colorado Springs. :(

Damn, even my hometown in Germany has 2 Staples stores! WTF :confused:

kbaxter

Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH

OK, RB, let me give it a shot:

RTV = Return To Vendor
BTO = Build To Order

How'd I do? Nice TLAs, by the way!

:)