Get excited all Gigabyte 965p-s3 owners or soon to be owners... This board overclocks like mad!!!!

galvelan

Aug 20, 2006
It took me awhile but I was googling through links for quite some time and finally found this. This looks to be THE board to get... Placing my order already....

The user who has been testing the 965p-s3 is called bpott

This is the link where he started testing because his Abit wouldnt work right!!!

These are his personal results!!!

This is where he has joined a overclocking contest they have going on over at techreport!!!

Looks like the gigabyrte technician was right. This is awesome... This board has got to be the best value (especially since you can get it for $118 online) based on all of this now.... Need to sleep now... eyes about to fall out from googling links looking for reviews and testing on this gigabyte board... but it was worth it... hope this helps all of you!!!!

P.S. Looks like he got the board to 470... cuz the memory gave up... lol pretty cool!!!

Quino

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Which I had known about this when there weere 2 e6300 for $175 on the fs forum :(

galvelan

Aug 20, 2006
However whatever the DS3 does the S3 should be the same.... If the DS3 doesnt do good with the e6600 or any of the 4mb cache conroes past 360FSB then the S3 will be the same. I have heard the Asus is better for thoses for some reason. Based on these results it should be obvious the S3 will be made more for the 2mb cache allendales.

Conroe overclocking database

dakotagts

Apr 30, 2006
I am looking at doing the same thing with ewiz.com pcalchemy.com has the same prices, however I am going to do the 6400, not really going to try for an overclock just yet.

galvelan

Aug 20, 2006
Just a heads up... For some reason if you google 965p and e6300 under froogle, when you get to ewiz they give you a cheaper price then if you go to ewiz directly... Just a heads up... You will get the e6400 cheaper also.... there shipping is good also... When i originally added just the motherboard by itself shipping was only 10.92. After i added the AS5 and e6300 it only went up $1.20. Pretty good deal and better than shipping from different places to get the best deal....

imported_Husky55

Aug 15, 2004
Originally posted by: galvelan
Just a heads up... For some reason if you google 965p and e6300 under froogle, when you get to ewiz they give you a cheaper price then if you go to ewiz directly... Just a heads up... You will get the e6400 cheaper also.... there shipping is good also... When i originally added just the motherboard by itself shipping was only 10.92. After i added the AS5 and e6300 it only went up $1.20. Pretty good deal and better than shipping from different places to get the best deal....

Strange!!! I cannot make ewiz.com to come up from Froogle.

Tried :
965p and e6300
965p
e6300

tiger direct etc... no ewiz !

:(

Silversierra

Jan 25, 2005
Originally posted by: galvelan

That is so strange. If I find ewiz through froogle, it gives me a price of $118, if I find it on their site without referral then it's $121.54, and if I find it through pricegrabber on ewiz, then the price is $127.99. Pricegrabber prices are even worse than finding it on the site manually?

Also, once you've used the pricegrabber referral it will set a cookie that will give you the pricegrabber(higher) price if you find it manually, until you delete your ewiz cookies.

galvelan

Aug 20, 2006
I did the same thing through pricegrabber... It is higher on pricegrabber for the board but the give you free shipping if you click through on pricegrabber on the board only.

if your buying the board buy itself i think the pricegrabber is better... but if you get the cpu also from ewiz go with the 118 link... because they hardly raise the shipping once u have one item in your cart.... if you add processor to the 127.99 link through price grabber they add an additional $9... which throws the price up.

kmmatney

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2000
The amazing thing is 3.2 Ghz with cheap RAM, although timings were automatically set way high: 5-7-7-20.