Get CS:GO for PC or not?

toughtrasher

Mar 17, 2013
mysteryblock.com
I'm in a little situation. :p

First, I've decided to try to finish my backlog on Steam until I purchase/download any more games. This is to save money and try to finally beat Borderlands 1, Fallout 3, etc.

Second, I also have school to focus on and we don't have another major break until summer (8-9 weeks from now..)

And third, I suck major balls on Counter Strike. I've tried CS, CS: Condition Zero. Haven't tried Source, but when I played the original Counter Strikes, I couldn't even get passed the first few levels. Uninstalled/Reinstalled twice.

Global Offensive is on Gamestop.com now for like half off the already small price (so only $7.49 for a relatively new game). I really want to get into CS considering I heard it got improved seriously and is like TF2 in terms of balance (I loved TF2...)

What are your opinions in my situation? Thanks!

Posted this on this GS forums but no one is replying so I decided to see your opinions also. Cheers :)

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
You already gave enough reasons to not buy it, so don't. Besides, longer you wait the cheaper it will get.

effowe

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
GO is alright, but I'm addicted to Source. I got Source for free with HL2, so if you don't have that or Portal the Orange Box would be a great deal. Either way, 8 bucks is a good deal for GO.

Dec 28, 2001
The learning curve for CS is really high compared to a lot of games, due to people that devote hours upon hours playing that game.

Like Kaotik said, you have plenty of reasons not to get it - it really depends on how much time you're willing to devote yourself to getting better at the game.

toughtrasher

Mar 17, 2013
mysteryblock.com
Thanks for the replies. I was considering buying it at the ultra cheap price now, and then wait until summer to play it.

I don't reckon it could get any cheaper than $7.49 right? Or am I wrong? :)

Sleepingforest

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2012
Oh, it will get at least matched. As you said, it is fairly new, and thus it is guaranteed to go on sale sometime in the next few months (midweek madness, daily deal, weekend deals) for 50-75%, and you are especially likely to save more during the Steam summer sale.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Thanks for the replies. I was considering buying it at the ultra cheap price now, and then wait until summer to play it.

I don't reckon it could get any cheaper than $7.49 right? Or am I wrong? :)

Steam Summer Sale goes on during the week of July 4th. At the very least CSGO will be half off, more then likely it will be 66-75% off

arsta

Apr 11, 2013
Don't think you'll enjoy CSS much with CSGO in your hands. But anyway, CS requires practice, unless your reaction and motor skills are really bad. You don't "just are good" at such things.